Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

We're hiring - Peterbilt in Denton

Old 02-09-2011, 06:40 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default We're hiring - Peterbilt in Denton

Peterbilt is looking to add some new hires. Electrical and mechanical engineering, IT, management, and factory workers.
Check out the professional jobs here:
http://www.paccar.com/jobs/iGrasp-job-search.asp
I get a referral bonus if somebody puts my name on the application, is hired and sticks around for 6 months. I'll split the bonus.

Peterbilt is also hiring factory workers, but there's no referral bonus for those jobs. I'm amazed how many people I see in the lobby every day filling out applications for these positions.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish I could jump on there! I would love to live and work in denton
Old 02-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow. That's good to hear that the job market has actually turned back around to the point that referral bonuses are coming back!

I'm not in the market for a new job, but you mentioning the bonus reminded me of a story. Back in '99 when the telecom industry was really rocking in north Dallas, Alcatel was offering a $5K referral bonus. While a co-worker and I were visiting Alcatel here from Virginia for training, one of the Alcatel employees offered us each half of that referral bonus if we hired on with Alcatel. We both did hire on with Alcatel with relocation packages to Dallas, but that employee told us that he didn't get the referral bonus due to a technicality that we didn't qualify since we were already affiliated with one of Alcatel's clients. We didn't think much of it. However, years later after the telecom bubble popped, and we were all on the verge of being laid off, we went to a happy hour with that same employee. After a few drinks, he told us that he really did get the bonus ($10K), but lied to us about it. If not for the fact that his career has never recovered from the telecom bubble popping, I'd still be pissed about it. I think he works at Home Depot now along with all the other telecom engineers.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing I will never do is accept a "signing bonus" again... It was 100% my fault for not reading the fine print, but in a nutshell... The signing bonus came with a written agreement that I would stay on for one full year or I would repay the loan back to the company in full.

Fast forward 8 months where they reduced my salary by more than the signing bonus percentage and not only did I pay back the signing bonus via reduced salary, but if I left, I would have had to give them back the signing bonus amount in full..

FAIL

Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by gernby,Feb 9 2011, 01:36 PM
After a few drinks, he told us that he really did get the bonus ($10K), but lied to us about it.
I think he works at Home Depot
Serves him Right! Greed is the only thing that will kick you in the ASS in life!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:09 AM

Am I just missing it, or do they actually not list a pay range?
Old 02-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mchau101,Feb 9 2011, 01:42 PM
Serves him Right! Greed is the only thing that will kick you in the ASS in life!
If you think greed is the only thing ... then I suspect you've got some serious ass kickin' coming your way!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:50 AM

When I was job searching recently, it was very rare for me to find pay range info in the job posting unless it was a municipal/government job.

(And hopefully I've been around enough that everybody trusts I'm not greedy. )
Old 02-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor

I really hope you know I didn't bring that story up because I thought you would do something like that. BTW, how much is the referral bonus?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:42 PM

I'd get $500 upon hiring, and $500 if they stick around six months. I'm planning on keeping the first $500, and giving all of the second $500 to the person hired if they stay. (Minus income taxes, of course.)

Quick Reply: We're hiring - Peterbilt in Denton