Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Want to Learn to Drive Your Car at its Limits

Old 10-31-2007, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to Learn to Drive Your Car at its Limits

Hi Folks,

The first time I realized that I didn't know how to drive was at a Mercedes drive event. I got to ride with a professional driver driving an E55 if I remember correctly. I quickly realized that I had no clue as to how he was able to keep the car under control at those speeds on that course. That got me thinking, I need to learn how to drive! Why?
- Adrenaline rush
- Safety (controlling my car in and emergency)
- For the fun of it
- It what the car was meant to do

You have an opportunity to learn to drive your car at the limits, in a safe environment, with instruction from some of the best drivers around the country this weekend! Consider joining us in Mineral Wells Saturday and/or Sunday. Cost is minimal, the experience will be priceless.

If you are like me, a person that simply does not want to risk damaging his car or himself on a race track with concrete walls, this is your type of event. Large wide open space and if you loose control of your car, big deal, you may hit a cone or two.

If you come out but really don't want others to rib you for being slow, no problem, just let us know and we won't post your times.

To sign up for Saturday - Click Here

To sign up for Sunday - Click Here

Hope to see you this weekend. For more information - Click Here

Take Care,
David

Old 11-01-2007, 05:49 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

If you're even slightly thinking about it, come on out and you won't be dissapointed. Temming, Elistan and the other club officers go through a lot to put the autocrosses on so S2K owners (and non owners) can come drive their car hard and have a lot of fun.

Feel free to ask for advice/rides/an instructor too if it's your first time. I'm available to ride with or to instruct as are a few others, look for the 00 GPW/Red #332 and come say hi.

Also anyone interested that lives in the Carrollton/Lewisville/Plano area is more than welcome to meet up with me and follow me out to Mineral Wells. You can PM me or shoot me an email josephkan@hotmail.com.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

On another note, we need a LOT more S2000's signed up for this event. I've seen as many as 24 S2000 entries in the past. Sign-up, the weather is going to be perfect this weekend!
Old 11-01-2007, 07:55 AM

I've heard a ton of good things about these...I really wish I could make this one but I'm unable.

I promise to 'pop my auto-x cherry' this spring

Even though I haven't experienced one yet I already appreciate all the hard work that goes into getting these things set up!

-Thomas
Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Clovis,Nov 1 2007, 09:31 AM
On another note, we need a LOT more S2000's signed up for this event. I've seen as many as 24 S2000 entries in the past. Sign-up, the weather is going to be perfect this weekend!
Speaking of signing up, I didn't see you on the list. When am I going to get a fun run in the SS beast
Old 11-01-2007, 09:14 AM

is it only limited to s2k?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by no_s2k,Nov 1 2007, 12:14 PM
is it only limited to s2k?
It's open to everything.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:26 PM

How about to watch? I wanted to run my car but I think my tires are to low on tread.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by eglogic,Nov 1 2007, 11:26 PM
How about to watch? I wanted to run my car but I think my tires are to low on tread.
Free to watch. I'm sure you might be able to get a ride too if you ask nicely enough or buy someone lunch
Old 11-03-2007, 06:47 PM

I came out today and watched the morning runs. Everyone was having a blast. The white corvette was smooth and fast! Dave in the Elise was faster though.

Quick Reply: Want to Learn to Drive Your Car at its Limits