Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club
View Poll Results: Will you attend, given the below factors:
I am registered and will definitely be there.
16.67%
I am registered and will NOT be there.
38.89%
I am not registered but want to vote anyway.
44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Urgent - Will you be at auto-x tomorrow?

Old 03-17-2006, 10:27 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Urgent - Will you be at auto-x tomorrow?

1) NOAA Hazardous Weather Outlook calls for possibility of severe thunderstorms, flash floods and hail. http://www.srh.noaa.gov/showsigwx.php?warn...Weather+Outlook

2) Temps will start off in the 40s and end up in the 50s.

3) We will NOT run if there is any lightning - that could get people killed.

4) The lack of drainage on the site means standing water is likely - in which case we can't run the timing system due to the risk of electrical shorts and stuff getting water damage.

5) EgoThreat, our lovable registrar and kick-butt girl, has gotten sick earlier this week and feels pretty bad now.

For the basis of answering the poll, assume that the forecast will not change. We'll likely not have any timing. Corner workers will be cold and wet, and we'll all be huddling in our cars otherwise. Not exactly what I would call a FUN event. Personally, if I was a participant and not partly responsible for running the event I wouldn't show up. I don't like canceling twice in a row and Clovis, EgoThreat and I don't want to let people down, but we're just not feeling much enthusiasm for this. So what say you all?
Old 03-17-2006, 10:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not registered but want to vote anyway.
Hey... you're the one that put the option on there.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:38 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah, just because of people like you.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're not going to make this one. In addition to the weather threat I have a friend's S2000 in my garage that needs to have its engine replacement completed. My gf has been patiently waiting since December to have her spot in the garage back. This will be the weekend to finish the job...

Hail damage to my Toyota inflicted by softball size hail and 90 mph straight-line winds
Old 03-17-2006, 11:23 AM

Will you attend, given the below factors
Gee, when you put it in such rosy terms... I hope CC feels better soon!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:23 AM

I'm sick as well, and when you add hail & lightning into the picture... I'm one of the folks no longer planning to attend as of the forecast available now. Thanks for putting up this poll & "Save CC"

Stanford
Old 03-17-2006, 11:27 AM

I deleted my registration on DLBRACING.COM. I really wanted to attend, but the weather forecast does not make it worth the travel from Austin. I hope to attend the next event.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Rain is ok, cold sucks, and the chance of large hail probably does it for me. If you're going to call this I think you need to do it ASAP via email. Most drivers don't visit this board.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:53 AM

OK guys... I'm not dying here But thanks for the good wishes Just got a nasty cold and my voice is about an octave lower than usual.

I wish the weather forcast were more promising It's the thunderstorm part that's the real worry. I could use a good track day... take out your frustrations event after some crazy weeks at work. I'm sure a good soaking wouldn't hurt most of us, but I'm not sure if there would be enough room for everyone to park under the awnings at Sonic in Mineral Wells if the threat of hail arrived

I'm working up the paper work and registration stuff now as if we're still on so just let us know your plans.

Later,
C-
Old 03-17-2006, 12:01 PM

I'm not registered due to other conflicts, but why hold the event when there is a pretty good chance of severe (or even just miserable) weather?

I'm guessing at least half of the registered crowd will no show if it's raining in the morning. No need to kill yourselves setting up / tearing down a course for a handful of lunatics

Quick Reply: Urgent - Will you be at auto-x tomorrow?