Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Tokyo Drift...

Old 06-16-2006, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tokyo Drift...

Went and saw it. The movie wasn't as bad as the previous 2. So long as you don't try to make too much of the dialogue (or lack of it), it was'nt that bad of a movie - even by today's standards. The "driving" sequences were lengthy enough so that you didn't have to sit through too much of the weak plot. They mixed CG with the real deal, and most of the time you can tell. There were a few S2000's (even the nasty pink one ) But none were moving. Just remember it's a movie! Bring on the FR craze!!!

Flame on gang!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just got back from seeing it... i thought it was good.. pretty damn good actually.. maybe cause i was expecting so little? anyway it was WAY better than the 2nd and prob even better than the first*.... some of the "stunts" where unrealistic, but its a freaking f&f movie lol.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was the third....And most of the driving was too outlandish to believable - but what can you expect from F&F movie. Place was packed however. And the disclaimer was AFTER the movie when everyone was climbing all over people to get to the bathroom. We'll probably read it in the paper: "movie inspires 16 year old to drift his mom's Volvo and dies...."
Old 06-16-2006, 10:07 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I went to the movies expecting to see a bunch of ricers showing off with their peg leg burnouts in the parking lot but I guess they were still in the movie. I saw Cars however and it was very clever, not bad for a cartoon at all.

Also saw a few awesome cars @ that new trendy shopping center off of the tollway/legacy. Their valet lot had a yellow F360 spyder, gallardo, new E60 M5 as well as the new Morgan Aero 8 which looked really cool in person. Also tons of new M3's, a few M roadsters, a bunch of 997 porsche's, a C6 Z06's and a new viper cruising up and down the main road.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:09 PM

blah yeah i meant first. and yeah, i can imagine someone trying to drift there moms car lol.. man i drove by the front of the theatre on my way out and everyone stopped and was like "OHHH shit dude.. check that out.. ohhhh ahhhh loud" i was gonna do something young and stupid ( like pull a huge drift or something) then i remember that i am old than that... and the cop staring me in the eyes wouldn
Old 06-16-2006, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Jun 17 2006, 01:07 AM
Also saw a few awesome cars @ that new trendy shopping center off of the tollway/legacy. Their valet lot had a yellow F360 spyder, gallardo, new E60 M5 as well as the new Morgan Aero 8 which looked really cool in person. Also tons of new M3's, a few C6 Z06's and a new viper cruising up and down the main road.
i saw a beat up 92 NSX with enkei bortex rims, single can, and a cf hood lol..
Old 06-16-2006, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was the nsx red, and my friend in his evo"slappy" as many no him decided to be a dumbass and show off......blah blah.........his car now is at the shop he hit a curb at like 40 busting the bumper to shit and bending the rims....
Old 06-17-2006, 12:29 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Bird,Jun 16 2006, 10:22 PM
was the nsx red, and my friend in his evo"slappy" as many no him decided to be a dumbass and show off......blah blah.........his car now is at the shop he hit a curb at like 40 busting the bumper to shit and bending the rims....
Haha, I actually saw that on bimmerforums where someone reposted a link from dallas imports. I knew I should've bought some stock in dfw tow truck companies yesterday
Old 06-17-2006, 05:32 PM

yea that would be my good old room mate lets just say he trys
Old 06-19-2006, 11:44 AM

The next time someone has the urge to go see this movie, instead of wasting it on a ridiculously stupid movie, please paypal your $15 to me, I will make much better use of your money.

Too bad they have been drifting in Japan since I lived there 10 years ago, damn kids here think it's something new and cool. :doh:

Quick Reply: Tokyo Drift...