Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Texas S2000 Roundup 2005! (May 14th)

Old 05-14-2005, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Clovis,May 14 2005, 06:43 PM]Yep, thanks to all who came out and enjoyed.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of cours, first one must thank Clovis, PhotoDavo, EgoThreat and Elistan (plus anyone else that deserves it) for organizing this event. Lots of hard work to pull it together from planning the driving route to working with the dealship and let's not forget securing some great giveaways!

Thanks to TailChaser for improvising a great route

Had a great time, the weather terrific, and met some more cool people. It was really nice to see people from Huston and Oklahoma drive in for the event!

Link to my website with pictures of this event

Once again hosted at my home, so be patient with the speed
Old 05-14-2005, 06:01 PM

Thanks everyone for putting this together. We had a wonderful time. I made a new post with all my pictures on it. Enjoy!
Old 05-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Many thanks to all for everything! We had way too much fun (if there is such a thing)! Can't wait to see the group photo from Texas Driver Magazine! This was my co-driver's first time attending an S2K event and I think we may have converted him. After he pays off his current vehicle, he's getting him an S!
Old 05-14-2005, 08:34 PM

agreed! many thanks to all that help put this event together!
I had a great time, and I actually won a raffle prize!
Free 1 year membership to the NTS2KOC.

Thank you very much to all!
brian
Old 05-15-2005, 07:56 AM

Yes, a big thank you to everyone who worked on this. I lucked out with work or I wouldn't have been able to come; so glad it worked out. Y'all even arranged perfect weather.

One suggestion for next time we do something with breakout drives -- perhaps different groups, one for "spirited" driving and one for "more spirited"? It appeared a couple drivers were a tad uncomfortable with the pace in group 1, while others might not have minded going a bit faster (ooh, pick me!). Just a thought, and don't think I'm saying it detracted from a perfect gettogether.

Incidentally, any one have a file of the route map?

Good to meet those of you whom I met. Next time, you'll meet my son. He's a car geek -- we test-drove cars last summer while I was shopping for this one and he urged me to get this blue S. Good choice!
Old 05-15-2005, 09:30 AM

thanks clovis for this great event. that was a blast! the group 1 drive was the most fun ive ever had driving my car. i guess ive never pushed the limits that much. it was a bit dangerous, but a whole lot of fun! 60 N 5.5 scared the crap out of me though (and probably him) in his close call during that drive.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:27 AM

Thanks to Clovis and everyone else who had a part in putting this event together. My wife and I drove down from Oklahoma and it was well worth the drive. The car turnout was fantastic and the raffle was fantastic as well (because I won something of course).

This was the first time my wife and I have been able to do a group drive with a club and we both thought it was great route and a lot of fun. We enjoyed the extended group 2 route and it did keep her having on hand on the camera and on the OH %#@! handle.

Thanks again to turboLane and his wife to allow us to join them afterwards at TwoRows

In the future we will try to make it down for more events.

Tony
Old 05-15-2005, 12:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shrike,May 15 2005, 07:56 AM
One suggestion for next time we do something with breakout drives -- perhaps different groups, one for "spirited" driving and one for "more spirited"? It appeared a couple drivers were a tad uncomfortable with the pace in group 1, while others might not have minded going a bit faster (ooh, pick me!). Just a thought, and don't think I'm saying it detracted from a perfect gettogether.

Incidentally, any one have a file of the route map?
I've got the route file electronically if you want to PM me with your email.

BTW, we did have 3 different groups for varying driving levels. I believe groups 1 and 2 were titled "spirited" and group 3 was a "leisurely pace". I'm not sure we'd want to do a "more spirited" drive on public roads.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:38 PM

just got my S a couple of weeks ago and after this even im so glad I did. awesome weather and some very nice cars. good times all around.

much thanks to the organizers, and thanks for the locking lugs, score. now i just need something worth locking.

Quick Reply: Texas S2000 Roundup 2005! (May 14th)