Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

sry for bad joke....

Old 01-29-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry sry for bad joke....

I guess i made a bad joke......i was trying to say i was embarrassed for posting the wrong thing in the wrong section...I apologize for the immature comment hopefully you guys wont think bad of me...I'll think more about wat im about to say...i sometimes forget most s2k owners are over the "teenage years". Again im sorry its all my fault
Old 01-30-2007, 05:56 AM

That's commendable of you...respect.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:26 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

I apologize for the verbal assault in the other thread. I guess as I continue to grow older, the S2000 continues to get older, younger guys start buying them, and a generation gap starts to hit more frequently.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't see the other thread, but QUICKAG there should be no generation gap for politeness and common sense.

PersianSTud spelling isn't age related either. Wat is not the same thing as what. sry doesn't make for sorry. And the ' in I'm is important. I makes im a contraction of the words I and AM.

When you use proper spelling and english it makes it SOOOOO much easier for other people to understand you and there are far fewer "misunderstandings"

When you text you pretty much have to learn to use contractions such as this, but you have a full keyboard in front of you so use it and you'll be much happier with the post replies you get in the future.

AH HAH! The spelling Nazis have attacked!

Like I said, I didn't see the other thread so don't feel I am attacking you. I just get so tired of seeing posts that are unintelligible and the subsequent misunderstandings and then the posts correcting the original post or apologizing. I have no idea if that is what happened here, but just a word to the wise.

This is a public forum and you never know who will read your posts. The more intelligible they are the better responses you will get. I'm glad both of ya'll have owned up, it makes for a more pleasant experience in the future.

Amen, preaching over & God bless those starving pygmies over in Africa.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,Jan 30 2007, 08:45 AM

AH HAH! The spelling Nazis have attacked!

Amen, preaching over & God bless those starving pygmies over in Africa.
why u gotta talk about nazis attacking africa
Old 01-30-2007, 08:19 AM

That's the most profound thing I've read all day, Wildncrazy! And I completely agree...

I'll keep the "youngsters buying S2K" comments to myself. As it is, I'm a bit old to be driving my RSX, me thinks.

Ryan
Old 01-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Banned

Maybe we need a forum split... One for old 's and one for young 's !

You'll find me in the forum

Tx_Phantom
Old 01-30-2007, 09:08 AM

Seriously I usually try and type formally but give me a break.

I have to speak and write correctly all the time.

It is a freaking internet forum for s2000 owners not eng 1301.

Some of you guys need to chill out and realize that first not everyone is like you, second why the hell should he have to consult his grammar teacher before he post. If some of you are as smart as you say you are then you should be able to read 90% of the post. Sure some are pretty bad but nothing he posted was unintelligible.

You guys need to get off you "I'm older and wiser than these young wippersnappers" horse and realize that the generation before you thought the same thing and I'm sure most of you feel you turned out pretty well.

SO how about you let people relax when they come here instead of feeling like they just stepped back in their worst english teachers classroom.

Funny how some of you assume that because someone doesn't type properly on an internet forum that they must not be smart.

I type 58 words a minute, and can proofread with the best of them yet when I come here I sure as hell don't plan on putting those skills to use.

Now thats not meant to sound rude but to present the "young" generations view of how many of you view us as automatically not as enthusiastic or mature as you.

Well no shit we're not as mature and neither were you but that doesn't mean we aren't responsible
Old 01-30-2007, 09:26 AM

Generation gaps are different for different cars... I remember when I was The Kid back when I first bought my Prelude... now it is not uncommon for a 16 year old to have that same car... and now, at 27, I bought a Civic... I knew there would be a large "younger" population... and it shows every time I post on the 8G forum...

I tend to agree with WildnCrazy as well as Lookin4as2k... although this is not a formal setting the younger crowd tends to use WAY too many abbreviations and slang... makes for some hard reading at times... there is also a big difference between spelling errors and the abbreivating/slang... spelling erros? Who cares! But omitting vowels just to save keys strokes and using "elite speak" is just plain annoying... but this is true of most internet trends...
Old 01-30-2007, 10:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lookin4as2k,Jan 30 2007, 12:08 PM
If some of you are as smart as you say you are then you should be able to read 90% of the post.
That 10% is wat cuzes all the probs bro.

And age has nothing to do with it! Communication is communication. You either communicate effectively or you don't, end of story.

Apparently effective communication didn't happen in the other thread which caused some bruised feelings. My point is that with just a little bit of effort on both sides there would have been no need for an(other) apology thread.

It doesn't matter if you are face to face, on the phone, internet or texting. Unless people can understand all that you say problems can and will arise.

If you are texting you are limited by your output device and abbreviations are necessary, but on the internet where you have all the key board available there is no reason/excuse for not using them.

If you've got something to say then take the time to say it or don't bother. The limited communication avenues to the brain available of the internet (eg. no facial or body language) requires much more careful typing, spelling, & phrasing than does a face to face contact.

We all make misteaks and typos, but you don't want to go out of your way to be misunderstood.

And they do have generational split forums. For the kids it's the "kills" section and for the old farts it's https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showforum=117

Quick Reply: sry for bad joke....