Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

S2000 Autocross #4 (Sept 30, 2006)

Old 09-25-2006, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Doug. Guess i will see you there. OH-BOY....hope you guys don't school me too much
Old 09-25-2006, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by viets2k,Sep 25 2006, 08:41 PM
Thanks Doug. Guess i will see you there. OH-BOY....hope you guys don't school me too much
If you've never done this before, you will probably get schooled. Hey, I've been doing this for a few years now and I still get schooled by cars with 75% less power. Thats good!
You will not believe how much you will learn about yourself and your car. Not only will you get better each time but, the car control you learn will make you a much safer driver on the street. Don't worry about the cones too much. None of the S2000 guys will be picking them up, since the Miatas and S2000 typically run together it will be all of us "other" drivers picking them up.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by candyass,Sep 25 2006, 07:06 PM
If you've never done this before, you will probably get schooled. Hey, I've been doing this for a few years now and I still get schooled by cars with 75% less power. Thats good!
You will not believe how much you will learn about yourself and your car. Not only will you get better each time but, the car control you learn will make you a much safer driver on the street. Don't worry about the cones too much. None of the S2000 guys will be picking them up, since the Miatas and S2000 typically run together it will be all of us "other" drivers picking them up.
hahaha....that's cool but i don't mind picking up the cones since i am an ammature. Hope i will be learning a lot from you guys. I always drag-racing and high-speed but never doing cornering...so that will be a big challenge
Old 09-25-2006, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by viets2k,Sep 25 2006, 09:17 PM
hahaha....that's cool but i don't mind picking up the cones since i am an ammature. Hope i will be learning a lot from you guys. I always drag-racing and high-speed but never doing cornering...so that will be a big challenge
It is a great time too and you could not pick a better group to get started with. There are plenty of instructors on hand to help you. Plenty of fast guys to learn from. The most important thing is to just have fun, I am sure you will
Old 09-25-2006, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by viets2k,Sep 25 2006, 09:41 PM
Half of the fun is getting schooled... then learning how to improve and catching up to the times of the people that are schooling you... And as was said before: getting better on the track can do nothing but help on the street.

Bring a valid drivers license too...
Old 09-25-2006, 08:53 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug0716,Sep 25 2006, 11:23 PM
Half of the fun is getting schooled... then learning how to improve and catching up to the times of the people that are schooling you... And as was said before: getting better on the track can do nothing but help on the street.

Bring a valid drivers license too...
And lots of sunblock and water a folding chair and a helmet if you have one. Also check your oil level before you leave, it's really bad to run your car hard if it's low on oil
Old 09-25-2006, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Sep 25 2006, 08:53 PM
And lots of sunblock and water a folding chair and a helmet if you have one. Also check your oil level before you leave, it's really bad to run your car hard if it's low on oil
Water and a folding chair that should be no problem. As for the sunblock...uhmmm, we Asian don't get sun-burn But the helmet, now that i don't have it here with me. My older bro keep all the helmets down in Killeen(Fort-hood) since they do alot of drag-racing down there. But then again, i will probably wouldn't have a good vission with the drag-racing helmet.

Do i had to have a helmet? If so then i guess i will have to go and steal ones at the go-kart track. hahaha Oh, how about a baseball helmet? j/k
Old 09-25-2006, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by viets2k,Sep 26 2006, 12:19 AM
Water and a folding chair that should be no problem. As for the sunblock...uhmmm, we Asian don't get sun-burn But the helmet, now that i don't have it here with me. My older bro keep all the helmets down in Killeen(Fort-hood) since they do alot of drag-racing down there.

Do i had to have a helmet? If so then i guess i will have to go and steal ones at the go-kart track. hahaha
HAHA, famous last words. Come look at my crazy farmers tan from autocross. In fact it got so bad I went out and bought a long sleeve microfiber shirt with UV protection so people wouldn't think I was mexican (no offense to anyone that might be mexican) but chinese people just don't get as dark as I am from autocross.

You can borrow a helmet, just leave your drivers license as collateral when you do your runs and when you return it you get your license back. Although next time if you really enjoyed it and think you'll be doing it more I suggest you buy a helmet so you don't have to hassle with a loaner.

Did I mention bring LOTS OF WATER, oh yeah and blue painters tape to tape a number to the side of your car. I think I have some you can borrow if you want, just come find the attention whore blue RX8 and tall skinny asian guy.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:34 PM

hahaha...that bad eh! Blue painter tape...yeah, i got plenty of that since i will gonna tape my whole front end with it so when i do hit the cones....and i mean lot of cones....i don't have to worry about scratching the paint.

I may can find the helmet before saturday.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by viets2k,Sep 26 2006, 12:34 AM
hahaha...that bad eh! Blue painter tape...yeah, i got plenty of that since i will gonna tape my whole front end with it so when i do hit the cones....and i mean lot of cones....i don't have to worry about scratching the paint.

I may can find the helmet before saturday.
You won't scratch the paint, I center punched a cone in the S at 85 MPH at the last BMWCCA autocross and it left a nice black rubber mark but it came right off with some rubbing alcohol and a gentle scrub.

There's a motorcycle parts store in carrollton/farmers branch off of I35 near I think valwood/valley view. They have some cheap helmets that will work for around 50 bucks. Just make sure it's DOT rated either M or SA (preferred) and 2000 or 2005 classification.

Quick Reply: S2000 Autocross #4 (Sept 30, 2006)