Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

S2000 Autocross #2 (SUNDAY, 6/25/06)

Old 06-20-2006, 08:14 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

True, I certainly don't want to get wailed on by a little 1.8L go-kart. Not that I would stand a chance until I got an alignment, big R compounds, and probably a couple other goodies...
Old 06-20-2006, 10:09 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=JonBoy,Jun 20 2006, 05:21 AM] How'd you like how the RX-8 handled/drove?
Old 06-20-2006, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Jun 20 2006, 12:09 PM
I actually liked it a lot compared to my friend's that I drove last time. It felt a lot like the S2000 as far as the quick turn in. It also seems like it has a better power curve down low to help pull you out of low speed turns than the S. I will say that it doesn't feel as tossable as the S and the absolute limit is a bit lower and predictable. My main complaint is the slower steering, most turns in the S you can just cross your arms and the 8 requires a bit of shuffle steering which I have to get used to again.

Compared to the M3 it's night and day, the M3 had way more torque everywhere and understeered a lot more. The S and 8 feel a lot more neutral in stock form as well as lighter. I prefer driving both cars more than the M3 in stock form, but with -3 degrees of camber up front the M3 is a blast and also very stable and preditable at the limit.

I just did a short 30 second course at pennington so far so I'll update you after the BMWCCA and S2000 events this weekend. If you go you're more than welcome to get a ride with me.
Cosmos, was that you at the PCA event a couple of weekends ago? Wish I'd known, I would have come up and introduced myself since I was there with the Miata.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:45 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by altiain,Jun 20 2006, 11:21 AM
Cosmos, was that you at the PCA event a couple of weekends ago? Wish I'd known, I would have come up and introduced myself since I was there with the Miata.
Yeah, I was in the stock blue one I saw you park behind me but you looked busy before the drivers meeting so I didn't come say hi. I've seen you around and I believe we're both friends with Thomas, I'll look for you at the BMW/S2k events for sure. Also wouldn't mind getting a ride in your miata and pick up some pointers, always good to get a ride with good drivers.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seeing as how this is a Sunday event I didnt register. But I am going to try and make it over for the afternoon to watch and help out. Its been so long since I have made it out I feel like a newbie. Especially considering ive got this 5-speed GSR to play with now. Maybe during fun runs I can get someone to give me some pointers on correctly driving a 5-speed.

Kevin
Old 06-20-2006, 12:22 PM

No trash talk... I expect SToD... I have been driving this car for a month, but the transition over from AWD to FWD is a little weird...

Oil change coming this weekend.... Make the car gods happy, maybe...

(I know FTD would mean STD... but I can't post that without laughing...)
Old 06-20-2006, 07:48 PM

alright, I'm getting ready to sign up, but there are two thing I wanted to know,
1) if there are for sure going to be a helmet to borrow and who do I talk to about this? before I go or after I get there?

2) the s2000.org site where you need a membership is kind of messed up, as in there are peices of code showing instead of the page. I'm not sure that if I sign up online there for a membership that it will be processed correctly. should I do this online anyways?

Thanks for the replies, like I said earlier, this will be my first AC, so I just want to make sure everything will work out
Old 06-20-2006, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by mattb1,Jun 20 2006, 09:48 PM
alright, I'm getting ready to sign up, but there are two thing I wanted to know,
1) if there are for sure going to be a helmet to borrow and who do I talk to about this? before I go or after I get there?

2) the s2000.org site where you need a membership is kind of messed up, as in there are peices of code showing instead of the page. I'm not sure that if I sign up online there for a membership that it will be processed correctly. should I do this online anyways?

Thanks for the replies, like I said earlier, this will be my first AC, so I just want to make sure everything will work out
1) The helmets will be right by the timing tent where you sign in.
2) You can sign up for membership in NTS2KOC at the autocross if you are worried about online not working.
3)Have fun!
Old 06-21-2006, 06:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're working on the web site issue- sorry for that. As mentioned, you CAN sign up for membership at the event.

There will be plenty of people there available to help you out. We will have people available to help ride along and instruct. I suggest you pair up with someone early that can show you the ropes as far as registration, walking the course (and finding your way). I also suggest riding with a few people before you get on course. While your run group will be set, we do not set a specific run order so you can run at the end of your group (should give you a chance to ride along with a few people before you have to drive yourself).

Find me in the dark green Prelude w/North Texas Prelude Owner's Group stickers on it if you'd like someone to show you around.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:20 AM

^^ sweet, will do, is there anything else I should bring, supplies, food etc?

Quick Reply: S2000 Autocross #2 (SUNDAY, 6/25/06)