Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

S2000 Autocross #1 **POSTPONED**

Old 02-11-2006, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Walk a course? What's that????

I think I started to walk a course once about 2 years ago and got called back to duty when I got to the third gate...

I think I have gone about half of the parade laps

See you all on Saturday!

C-
Old 02-11-2006, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Feb 11 2006, 12:05 PM
You should just make all the people who cheated on registration get there at 5 am to setup course if they want to run
The Miata that was in S2000R already volunteers to instruct, in addition to his regular work assignment. What extra work do you do to help out?

Some people tend to forget that it ain't all S2000 owners that make these events run. Unless you volunteer to show up early or stay late or do multiple work assignments, you probably don't have much room to comment on people "cheating" on registration to get around the cap. Especially since some of those people do a whole lot more work to make the event happen than you do.

Iain
Chief of Tech
Timing and Scoring assistant
Volunteer Instructor
... and not an S2000 owner
Old 02-11-2006, 06:37 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by altiain,Feb 11 2006, 05:29 PM
The Miata that was in S2000R already volunteers to instruct, in addition to his regular work assignment. What extra work do you do to help out?

Some people tend to forget that it ain't all S2000 owners that make these events run. Unless you volunteer to show up early or stay late or do multiple work assignments, you probably don't have much room to comment on people "cheating" on registration to get around the cap. Especially since some of those people do a whole lot more work to make the event happen than you do.

Iain
Chief of Tech
Timing and Scoring assistant
Volunteer Instructor
... and not an S2000 owner
It was just a joke hence the smiley face, geez you miata guys need to lighten up a little. I didn't make up the rules, I was just stating that the first post said it's capped at 55 people. If registering a purple shelby cobra in S2000 isn't trying to get around the cap then I don't know what is. (check mark's post 4 up, he said CHEATING. I was just quoting him)

As I recall I met Candyass on a friday night last minute while my friends were waiting on me to go to dinner to get 7 club helmets so people could use them the next day since he was unable to attend the next day. I stuffed my car full of my own gear and the club helmets for a drive in which I couldn't even see out of my rear window cause it was so full of helmets and it happened to be THE FIRST S2000 EVENT I EVER WENT TO.

Guess what, I don't OWN a S2000 either but I help new people here all the time.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:10 AM

AutoX goals:
1. Safety
2. Having fun
3. A smooth well run event

To many participants take away from goals 2 and 3. Not having the people that work hard to achieve all of these goals eliminated due to travel or other issues is not desired either. In future autocrosses, we will look closely at how we can continue to meet our goals.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Take Care,
Old 02-12-2006, 07:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The purple cobra is a 2nd driver in an S2000. The system just won't let us put him in that way.

EDIT: for those of you who don't know, like I didn't know, you CAN edit your entry. Once Upon a time you couldn't so I presumed you still couldn't.

There is an Edit button, it just isn't labeled as an Edit button. If you go to Your Account there are 4 unlabeled icons there. The Pen Icon is an edit Icon. Who'dathunkit.

So now the Cobra driver is an S2000 driver BUT in doing so it showed me the weather forecast for next Saturday. It now shows 45 degrees and rainy. That doesn't bode well!
Old 02-12-2006, 09:39 AM

If the weather forcast is correct, 41F and rain, I am not worried about having to many people at this event but I am worried about having enough people.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

OK guys, just relax. It appeared we had some people trying to work around the system but all is good now. The Miata is in MiataR now due to a drop and the Cobra driver is in fact driving an S2000. It's all good.

As far as people asking what they can do to help out here are some tasks. Feel free to PM the individuals below to offer up your services:

Course Designers (PM Clovis)
Course Setup Assistants (PM Clovis)
Safety Tech Assistants (PM Altiain)
Registration Assistants (PM Egothreat)
Trained Timing Workers (PM Elistan)
Trained Course Sweeper Operators (PM Gregg Lee)

As far as the weather goes. If it is chilly and raining we can push this autocross off a week or two. But let's wait until it gets a bit closer before we start discussing OK. We all know the weather changes quickly and often around here.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:31 PM

Man this has been sneaking up quick on me! Looking forward to going... hope I can meet the schedule change if it gets rained out...

On a side note: I PMed Elistan about the timing deal but havn't heard anything back. I've watched how to use the timing software so I wouldn't say I'm "Trained"... more like "In training" haha. So if you're still looking for some help in the timing tent I'd like to get a chance to get some hands on "experience" so keep me in mind
-Doug
Old 02-13-2006, 06:01 AM

Just thought I would stir things up again . I registered my pilot friend, Eddie, for the Auto-X. And since the Other class was full, I registered him in the S2000 class... which I know is CHEATING .

As you may know, Eddie is also the boat driver who takes us parasailing during the Lake Day in Tyler. He forgot to register and is in Cairo, Egypt, so I registered for him. If he gets bumped, he understands. Like me, its all for fun .

After all, the weather may thin the herd.

Regards,

Al
Old 02-14-2006, 07:17 PM

Any thoughts from the organizers on whether the autocross is still on for this weekend? The weather is not looking good. I am wondering if I should tell my dad to hold off on driving down from Missouri. I'm not so worried about the rain as I am the predicted high temp on Saturday of 38F. Anyone know if Toyo RA1's are even usable at that low of an ambient temp?

Quick Reply: S2000 Autocross #1 **POSTPONED**