Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Red Light Cameras

Old 08-24-2007, 05:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Light Cameras

So now that we have big brother not only watching over us, but also taking our picture when we do something wrong, I had in interesting thought...

The other day, I'm driving down the road, and I came up to an intersection that was equipped with a red light camera (was not aware of this as I approached - did not see the camera sign)... My light was just changing to green and as I approached the intersection, a car runs the red light. The camera did it's work and took the "violent lawbreaker's' picture.... So good deal, that guy deserves a ticket, he could have killed someone, right?

But, here's what went through my mind at that time...

The flash from the camera distracted me while driving. It not only took my attention away from my driving, I had to turn to look because I was unaware of the presense of the camera. That split second could be a costly one...

So how long will it be before these cameras are removed...? How long will it be before someone has a serious accident because they were distracted and turned to look at the camera and struck a light post or another car or worse yet a pedestrian? I could have mistaken the flash of the camera with the flashing lights of an ambulance, fire truck or police car, hit my breaks and get hit fromn the rear...

How long will it be before someone sues the city for being blinded, distracted or confused by that flash?

I'm sure it will come sooner than later... Just watch....
Old 08-24-2007, 05:31 AM

Oh it's probably happened already -- no doubt. I've read online that they've caused more red-light accidents, then have prevented. I think they're just a way to make more revenue, under the blind blanket statement of "making us safer." Of course, it's easy to be blind when $$$ are flashing in your face.

Here's a link:

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1844.asp
Old 08-24-2007, 05:41 AM
Banned

Great find man... After i read that, I found this article about an alternative to the red light camera... increasing the yellow light by one second...

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/02/243.asp
Old 08-24-2007, 06:15 AM

Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Get that little screen for your license plate that renders that camera useless
Old 08-24-2007, 06:58 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito,Aug 24 2007, 08:15 AM
Get that little screen for your license plate that renders that camera useless
Or just get the setup like in the Transporter where you have multiple fake plates that flip at the push of a button
Old 08-24-2007, 07:32 AM

the day the coppell police sends me a ticket for running a red light, im coming by with ar15 in hand
Old 08-24-2007, 07:54 AM

It's not even a real ticket, the most that will happen is that they'll deduct from your credit score. At least that's what my friend told me when he got his (and didn't pay).
Old 08-24-2007, 08:29 AM

Yeah thats called sending it to collections. Police departments are greedy they want every penny from you if they can. Ive gotten so many pointless tickets and if I get one from a camera its just adding another to the column.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Banned

Speaking of greedy - you better behave on Valley View lane between 35E and Midway through Farmer's Branch. They got cameras and heavy patrol.

I almost violated my probation this past monday... Whew... he got the guy next to me and i was going about 7 mph over...

Lord knows I don't want a 100 in a 60 violation on my driving record...

Tx_Phantom
Old 08-24-2007, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by JeffForSale!,Aug 24 2007, 07:32 AM
the day the coppell police sends me a ticket for running a red light, im coming by with ar15 in hand
when i lived in coppell they gave me a 4 over ticket when i was drivin my integra.....I'll lock and load my ar15 whenever your ready.....

Quick Reply: Red Light Cameras