Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Plano cops take the cake for being the worst.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Plano cops take the cake for being the worst.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=545192

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, sorry to hear that, but glad that your girlfriend is okay. As far as whom is at fault, well, you are in good shape since i always find that in Texas if someone rearended you...then you never at fault....regarded Sounded kinda ridiculous but it's true.

Usually the insurances will determent who at fault, but they also look at the popo reports too for more stronger legal fact rather than... he say and she say. Oh, and don't take the words of the lady admitting that she is at fault because her insurance company can change her mind real quick. I had the almost same problem last year when the lady that caused the whole wreck admitted that it was her fault......well, it's a long story and as a result my insurance ended up had to repair the two other cars that was caugth in the accident. Good luck.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:16 PM

What?...Why did your insurance pay for everyone when you weren't then one at fault?
Old 11-23-2007, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by ft2057,Nov 23 2007, 06:16 PM
What?...Why did your insurance pay for everyone when you weren't then one at fault?
Lol, tell me about it! But that's how it gone sometime. Well, it's a long story but i try to make it short: It happens on north Dallas toll between N.W hwy and Walnut. The lady driving a sc400 was in front of me in the right lane....me(center lane driving a cargo van)....a pickup truck(left lane and about 2 car lenght behind me)...and another pickup truck was behind me but in the center lane as i was. All of us pretty much traveled @65-70mph and suddently the lady(sc400) stopped her car and jumped out because she thought that her car was on fire....but in fact she ran over the freaking empty office water-jug . All us three drivers were kinda freaking out. Me being the closest to the lady i have a quick decission to make...either maintained my lane....hit my brake hard and pray to god that the brakes would hold up and not hitting the lady or her car....or quickly try to swift lane. My reaction at that moment told me to swift lane and so i did....little that i know that the pickup behind me had already swift over to left lane also out of panicking and so we both side swap our mirrors. Now, i don't know how the heck i side-swiped the pickup passenger side fender that was in the left lane is beat me .

Cop came to take the reports. The lady admitted that it was her fault because she got panick thinking that her car was on fire and jumped out of her car. She even called her insurance to report the claims for us. Turned out her insurance denied our claims saying that she not at fault because she thought that her car was on fire and there was no damages to her car beside the other two pickups and me. And so as you can see why my insurance had to ended up repairing the other two pickups. Off course i was piss, but all in all it was all minor damages and i just don't have the time to go to court and all that.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:06 PM

damn sorry to hear... that really sucks...hope everything goes well
Old 11-23-2007, 09:31 PM

That really does sound like a pain in the butt. Ohh well.