Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Parked facing wrong way in front of your house...

Old 11-17-2009, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elistan,Nov 16 2009, 09:11 PM
Heck, in our friend's neighborhood you even have to drive on the left side of the street fairly often, whenever there's a parked car on the right, since the street are so narrow. For a street with a center yellow line, sure, I can see an issue. But for a residential street that looks like this?
My guess is that the offense was called in by a neighbor or someone that simply past by. At that point the police have enforce the law. We had a similar situation a couple of weeks ago on the street I used to live on. I spoke with the officer and and he was appologizing for giving out the tickets.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Temming,Nov 17 2009, 02:15 PM
My guess is that the offense was called in by a neighbor or someone that simply past by. At that point the police have enforce the law.
Really? They have to? When I reported my car stolen, it took over 2 hours for someone to come out and take a report. If they wanted to, I'm sure they could find a way to be equally expeditious if someone calls in to complain about parking violations, and the violator would have time to leave before the police even arrived.

But, of course, there's revenue tied to parking tickets, so there's no way they're going to miss out on that.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

FWIW since there were 2 conflicting stories with different outcomes:
Regarding fault, police officers, and insurance, my insurance company said that in Texas, the final decision regarding fault is made by the insurance companies, not the police, although the police does have significant sway in the insurance companies' decision.

Reason I know this is because the GF got rear ended at a stop light. She was the 3rd car in line. The light turned green, but not long enough for the car in front of her to move. The officer kept saying that it was HER fault because she was stopped when the light turned green. In the end the other party's insurance company paid the claim.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JS2k.com,Nov 17 2009, 05:32 PM
FWIW since there were 2 conflicting stories with different outcomes:
Regarding fault, police officers, and insurance, my insurance company said that in Texas, the final decision regarding fault is made by the insurance companies, not the police, although the police does have significant sway in the insurance companies' decision.

Reason I know this is because the GF got rear ended at a stop light. She was the 3rd car in line. The light turned green, but not long enough for the car in front of her to move. The officer kept saying that it was HER fault because she was stopped when the light turned green. In the end the other party's insurance company paid the claim.
The insurance companies don't make ANY final determination about ANYTHING. They have ZERO authority about the official report. The only thing they do is determine what the financial responsibility is going to be. If the parties involved disagree with the insurance company's ruling, then they can fight it.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Sponsor
Vendor - Starter Primary

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=gernby,Nov 17 2009, 08:10 PM] The insurance companies don't make ANY final determination about ANYTHING.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My gf has parked the wrong way multiple times in her neighborhood and has received a handful of warnings but never a ticket.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:58 AM

never had an issue in garland.

the street is pretty much 3.5 cars wide. if there are cars parked on each side of the street you've got room go drive down the middle.

the right way / wrong way argument doesnt really make any sense in that case.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turbosix,Nov 21 2009, 10:58 AM
the right way / wrong way argument doesnt really make any sense in that case.
Based on wickerbill's post, it still does.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Nov 21 2009, 10:46 AM
Based on wickerbill's post, it still does.
uhh, no, it still doesnt.

all of the cars on the left side of the street will be facing you head on and at night all you blind bastards arent going to see them because there are no reflectors on the front of the vehicle.

so you're going to end up side swiping every single car to your left.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:27 AM

if you're traveling down this TWO WAY STREET at night, the only car you are going to "see" is the incorrectly parked vehicle on the left behind the white van.

the correctly parked bad ass mother****ing turbo buick is going to be invisible, as is the huge white van behind it.

as is the incorrectly parked accord on the right.

it is a stupid law when there are no lanes. if there are lanes, i get it, totally.

in a residential area though it is ridiculous and if i were to ever get a parking ticket for that it'd fight it with the same logic.

i'm lucky enough that cops in garland have better things to do than cruise neighborhoods and issue bullshit tickets.

Quick Reply: Parked facing wrong way in front of your house...