Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Other Cars in Your Garage (56kbps warning)

Old 10-07-2004, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings all. I am new to s2ki and a proud new s2k owner. 2002 w/10k.
My 'new' S shares the garage with my best friends vortech S/C civic, and my 1st car, jdm b18c swapped 98 civic coupe, and my other 'new' car that i bought for my sister to drive... a 92 Accord wagon. i love this car, it has so much potential.
and yes, I realy like honda cars.
Looking forward to meeting some of you and making some new friends in the s2k community.

My new S:

My civic:

My friends S/C civic:

o ya... sleepers > all.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:41 AM

Nice! Welcome. I see you've already found the Dark Side Have you checked out the next local get-together? https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=238592
Old 10-07-2004, 07:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S2kgeek, you forgot to mention the Accord wagon I see in that other picture.

I thought *I* was bad with Hondas. I think you take the cake!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 11:58 AM

rjosey8385: ya i saw the thread about the show & meet. I just made a reply. I had to wait and see if i was busy next weekend.

marcucci: I mentioned the accord briefly. I need some better pics. My room mate josh has them, it's imaculate inside, and runs great for 200k! I just bought it a month or so ago. Sister was in a jam and needed a cheap reliable car, and that's what I got. I can do all the work myself, so there's nothing I can't fix, aside from machine work of course.
And yes, I'm a honda junkie. They are great reliable cars. And once you learn how to work on 1 or 2, you can pretty much handle any model.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Posted since I received a personal request. I'll spare you a picture of the Suburban, and the Massey 1020 isn't really a car or in the garage

1967 Lotus Elan Coupe

Everyone knows what our 94 Miata looks like, but I thought the comparison to the car that it was supposedly modeled on would be interesting.
The Miata is huge.

cut and paste

squint

yes, one big pointy lug nut
Old 10-08-2004, 03:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

(drool...) No other word for that post; nicely worded and GREAT license plate surround. I'm a sucker for the brilliant engineering and the genius of simplicity which defines Lotus. When you consider what kind of (power+grip) to weight ratios dominate SCCA's top street prepared class ("A" Street Prepared), it's truly impressive that the 1960s designed, zippy little 1600 or so pound Elans with 100+ HP stock (and mild suspension & induction/exhaust tweaks) can put Vipers and 360 Stradales on their trailers in SCCA's ASP class.

Gregg, please bring that car out to an autocross (if even just to show it off), whether it's S2K, SCCA or ER. Simply an incredible car. Thanks for the great post.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by stantaur,Oct 8 2004, 06:41 PM
(drool...) No other word for that post; nicely worded and GREAT license plate surround. I'm a sucker for the brilliant engineering and the genius of simplicity which defines Lotus. When you consider what kind of (power+grip) to weight ratios dominate SCCA's top street prepared class ("A" Street Prepared), it's truly impressive that the 1960s designed, zippy little 1600 or so pound Elans with 100+ HP stock (and mild suspension & induction/exhaust tweaks) can put Vipers and 360 Stradales on their trailers in SCCA's ASP class.

Gregg, please bring that car out to an autocross (if even just to show it off), whether it's S2K, SCCA or ER. Simply an incredible car. Thanks for the great post.
Carol and I autocrossed it nationally for 3 years. The only problem autocrossing now (fast anyway) is that there are no longer performance tires small enough to fit inside the wheel wells. Even the 185/60-13's we ran rubbed a little. I don't mean R tires. Not even performance street tires.

Don't get me started on some of the odd, difficult to work on design features.

Gregg
Old 10-09-2004, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a beautiful Elan, Gregg. I've always admired those cars.

How long have you owned it for, out of curiosity?
Old 10-09-2004, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by altiain,Oct 9 2004, 12:17 PM
That's a beautiful Elan, Gregg. I've always admired those cars.

How long have you owned it for, out of curiosity?
Carol bought it new. I bought in with vast amounts of sweat equity, parts and machine shop bills.

The first step in the shop manual to replace the headliner was "remove the windshield." The rear shocks are pressed into the hubs. The hollow frame is the vacuum reservoir for the headlight lifts. To remove the oil pan you must remove the engine. 4 wheel disk brakes but no power assist. Lucas electronics. - Why do the British drink warm beer?

But amazingly a Miata battery fits perfectly, with the terminals reversed of course, so I no longer have to use one from a lawn tractor (any larger blocks the spare tire well.)
Old 10-11-2004, 06:23 AM

Really neat car - we should at least see it at some of the British get-togethers around the area. Have you looked at Yokohama A032R's for sizing? If you call Todd Eaddy at the Discount Tire in Flower Mound (I know, that's a long way - it's a long way from Rockwall, too, but he gives Autocrossers free labor and really will spend quite a bit of time locating what you need). Or maybe look at Falken Ziex ZE-512...

Quick Reply: Other Cars in Your Garage (56kbps warning)