Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

OT: Woman Talk

Old 01-05-2011, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Jan 5 2011, 10:13 AM

Now that's funny right there... I don't care who ya are!
LMFAO - yes it is... good one!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe Val can source some non crazy contenders for you LMB?

Or at least screen them for their level of crazy....

HMMMM, Val I want a franchise if this thing takes off as a business
Old 01-05-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by pmptx,Jan 5 2011, 11:44 AM
Maybe Val can source some non crazy contenders for you LMB?

Or at least screen them for their level of crazy....

HMMMM, Val I want a franchise if this thing takes off as a business
Um... forget val... I'd be like the george zimmer of this company...

Not only the president, but a proud customer!

Old 01-05-2011, 11:47 AM

You are not the first person to say this LMB. Dallas is known to be filled with gold diggers and shady/crazy/psycho chicks. It's just like gambling...I think you might have better luck at gambling than dating in Dallas...LOL
Old 01-05-2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by S2k_MoZo,Jan 5 2011, 02:47 PM
You are not the first person to say this LMB. Dallas is known to be filled with gold diggers and shady/crazy/psycho chicks. It's just like gambling...I think you might have better luck at gambling than dating in Dallas...LOL
I don't think it's just Dallas, Zo.

let me throw out a scenario to you...

Currently within the society which we have: If you cheat, and she leaves, she gets 50% or more of your stuff. If she cheats and she leaves, she still gets 50% or more of your stuff. If she up and decides she wants out for ANY reason, she get’s 50%... If you have a kid with her, or adopted previous kids, unless she’s a crack smoking prostitute, she will get primary custodianship and you get stuck with the honor of paying out 20% of your net pay while she gets the child tax credit...

So, why would any man in their right mind marry, besides out of sheer stupidity or sheer naivety?

Final thought: How many women do you think would be rushing to get a man to walk down the aisle if they knew there would not be some sort of financial gain during the marriage or a large payoff it were to end?

I’m not sure what the answer is, but I absolutely sure, it would be A LOT less of them...
Old 01-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LMB2000,Jan 5 2011, 04:28 PM
Currently within the society which we have: ..
The society that you're talking about is Texas. Every state has their own divorce laws. We just happen to be a Community Property State, where each spouse automatically owns 50% of the assets that are deemed "community property". It doesn't matter whether a spouse deserves it or not, she owns half. Of course, this is true even before the divorce. The divorce just means that everyone has to decide what constitutes "half".

Texas is also a "No fault divorce" state, which means that you can sleep with everyone BUT your spouse, and it makes no difference in the divorce.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:25 PM

I know you've been through the ringer too...

Still, my point is a valid one... Without a payoff, women would not want to be married as much.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:46 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I guess the simple answer is if you are that concerned over your future spouse than ask for a Pre-nuptial agreement. My first instincts are that if I'm that concerned regarding my future wife's true intent, I probably wouldn't marry her in the first place.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:05 PM

VP, that’s the very naive way to look at it and you're allowed to view it that way if you wish. If you get married when you’re in your early 20s and you have nothing, 10-15 years down the road you will.

Consider this thought… you have health, dental, vision, home onwners, dental and car insurance why…? IN CASE something goes wrong… You get a prenup for the same reason – IN CASE something goes wrong… You hope you never need it, but you thank god you have it in the event that you do need it.

I guarantee you less women would want to marry if they knew they’d walk away with what they brought into it or the percentage of the dollar value of what they brought into it,.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I think you have a misunderstanding about prenups in Texas. This is a community property state. Half of the wealth gained during a marriage is 50/50. Prenups don't waive a person's right to their share of community property

Women want commitment. They rarely get married for a payoff, and I REALLY doubt any woman would look at a guy that drives an old Honda as a long term investment for a "pay day".

Quick Reply: OT: Woman Talk