Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Ok, so I blew my motor, need shop recommendation

Old 10-10-2006, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, so I blew my motor, need shop recommendation

If you havn't seen the thread, I've blown my motor. Needing a shop that is know what they're doing, hopefully that I won't have to sacrifice my right and left nut for.
Or maybe a suggestion on finding a used motor. I'll look around junkyards.
Thanks.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:46 PM

Darn bro, did you just got the car not too long ago? What did you do...over rev it or something? My bro's shop is in Killeen (KR motorsports) and he's good, but that's just too far for you. As for me, i am not as good as my brother, but swapping out engine isn't that hard either. If you can get a new engine than i am willing to help you out and save you lot of money.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:07 PM

Yuh basically the story is that a big ol taco bell cup was in the cupholder going from 3-4. I hate having a cup in there, usually I have my girl hold it, but this time it fked me bad. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=429027 is the thread if you wanna find the story
I'm not sure what is broken yet... but the car didn't even idle after I misshifted. Since most people's cars at least run, I'm guessing I did a lot of damage.
I'll let ya know what I do, but you're one option I'm glad I have. thanks
Old 10-10-2006, 05:39 PM

After reading your other thread....yeah, that was sad but it's not the end of the world. Is the car turn over when you tried to start it? if it's still turn over then there's still life. You'll need to open the valve cover check all the valves(no doubt there's bent valves)...then check your compression...and check the oil pan. If there's no chunk or shinning metal on the oil pan or in your oil then that's one good thing (that mean your pistons may still be ok). You analyis all that then go from there whether you want to do....rebuilt the engine or get a used ones with low miles.

When i broke the timing belt and bent 3 valves on my 240sx with skyline engine swapped (which i did the whole swap by myself)... it's broke my heart because it was my baby and favor car, but i got over it and life go on. Let me know if you do need help.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me see if I've got this straight - you've owned the car for a little over a month, you've already spun it out of control and wrecked once on the street, and now you've blown the motor up while street racing some dude in a 350Z because your Taco Bell cup got in the way?

I'd suggest you sell what's left of the car and buy a bus pass.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by altiain,Oct 10 2006, 07:50 PM
Let me see if I've got this straight - you've owned the car for a little over a month, you've already spun it out of control and wrecked once on the street, and now you've blown the motor up while street racing some dude in a 350Z because your Taco Bell cup got in the way?

Now, be nice Altiain, be nice. Remember what Clovis just posted J/K.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:52 PM

What! You blown it up? I saw some FC20 engine in the FS forum. Ask SpeedXRacer dad to put it in. He did my B16A J-Spec few years ago, or ask Phillip at Intercrew, he might have that engine and will install for you.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:19 AM

Received 416 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by altiain,Oct 10 2006, 07:50 PM

Old 10-11-2006, 05:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by altiain,Oct 10 2006, 10:50 PM

Geez, Iain... just because the guy eats at Taco Bell doesn't mean he should have to ride the bus.

Yeah, but remember... be nice.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:22 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the motor. Looks like that's probably what I'm going to be doing, as the motor only turns over for half a second then dies. After I pulled over I heard what sounded like pinging, or metal dropping.
I have a buddy that's done engine swaps, but hopefully he still wants to do them.

Quick Reply: Ok, so I blew my motor, need shop recommendation