Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Novice S2K Run Group

Old 07-28-2004, 07:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

So what I am getting from this is that a novice, non-points earning, just for fun and learning class should be implemented. Sounds like a good plan.

We are always looking for new marketing ideas. I'd like to hear some ideas as to finding new owners, getting them out to the events, and keeping them coming out. I think Iain has already hit on the third point.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My father is now working at Vandergriff, I am going to see if I can get them to take a flyer or business card to give to new S2k buyers. I think that's the best way to get word out- maybe a tri-fold 8.5x11 color flyer?

I think we should have ONE novice class unless we can support a class per the rules for a NOVICE S2K and NOVICE OTHER class. Having a class with one or two people won't do much of any good. I think no points is a good idea, it will motivate people to get out of novice faster.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking along the same lines as marcucci - giving new S owners a flyer or something like that when they purchase their new ride - maybe work out some deal with John Eagle as well? I can talk to Jonathan Ingram if there's interest here to do so.

Also, what's the chance of having a flyer/brochure/rack card/whatever that's downloadable from the web - that way we can each individually print some off, and pass them out to S owners that we run into on the road. I'd be willing to do so if there were such a document.

I think another way to look at it is that autocrossing (to me, anyway, at this stage) isn't necessarily about how fast I can go, or the racing (although it's surely fun!) but more about learning how to handle your car properly. I think any marketing to new owners trying to bring them out to MW should at least include a blurb along those lines.

Anything I can do to help, let me know!
Old 07-29-2004, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A downloadable PDF (single page) schedule of events and a bio on the club with some pics would be nice. Even the crappiest inkjets can now do good photo quality prints that we wouldn't mind being circulated.

I used to leave business-card-sized pieces of paper on windshields with S2000.org and NTPOG.org web addresses and my emails back in the day.