Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

My stolen 2007 S2000 was "Recovered"

Old 07-28-2007, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, that is just saddening to see happen to such a fine automobile. That just blows my mind.
Sorry about your loss man, I hope for a positive outcome for you.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't look like I'll be recovering any money invested in the stereo. since it's part of the car and it's assumed the car came with one. Sucks.
Still waiting...they said they'd update me on 7/31.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again sorry for you loss!! My understanding of GAP is that they will not cover a complete loss they only cover what Ins. does not.. if your Ins. refuses to pay it would send a signal to AHFC that something was a miss. You would want to sue your Ins. company at that point!! I was also informed by AHFC that even though Ins. payed for mine and left some for GAP to pick up they could pull the excessive ware wild card...I found this out with my accord. They didnt play that card with me but they tried and you also still have to pay them your diductible..
Old 07-29-2007, 06:41 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

There is NO way they could deny your warranty coverage unless they could prove you were involved in this incident. Insurance companies cannot randomly deny coverage if they "think" you might be involved in the loss.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:02 AM

Actually, insurance companies not only can randomly deny coverage, they often do. The sad thing is that 10% of people who are wrongfully denied insurance coverage for a loss never fight the first claim denial. I'm not suggesting that this is legal or written down in procedural manuals somewhere, but you'd be naive to believe that it doesn't happen regularly.

Never forget that the insurance companies are in business to make money. They don't make money by paying out on claims. Every time they deny a claim that they should have paid and aren't challenged, their bottom line grows a little bit.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:30 PM

Dude,
Sorry for your loss.......I know it's not a human, but many of us think of our cars as an extension of our family....If I'm the only one that thinks this then then yes...my mind is warped.

Hope you are able to get what you can from the insurance company and it works out for you in the end. Please pass on to the rest of us any major things you learn or have learned while going through this process.

Wish ya luck,

JD
Old 07-30-2007, 06:50 PM

This sucks. I've never had a vehicle be a total loss (I'll assume it is) before. Grrr....At least if I had got it back I wouldn't be playing these waiting games with the insurance.
Well I take it back, my was totalled (Never Found it) State farm settled it in 3 days.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:29 PM

Holy wow, Scott!!! Was that the Silver one on the Bankston lot you just got???? On the bright side, if you can get this resolved with the insurance company, you might be able to get that Yellow one you wanted... Did you say one was coming in August? Also on the bright side, you wont have to change your user name if you get that other yellow.

All kidding aside, man, I'm so sorry to hear about this. That was one hot fire! I dont' know what I would do if this happened to me.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:52 PM

I won't replace it. It's clear the world has it out for me and I can't have anything nice.

Quick Reply: My stolen 2007 S2000 was "Recovered"