Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Lousy Lease Experience at Bankston Honda!

Old 01-31-2006, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check with your bank about when they will mark your credit report as 30 days late. I confirmed with 2 banks I had car loans with in the past that they don't until the payment is actually 30+ days late. Good luck.

Josh
Old 02-01-2006, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by thatguyjosh,Feb 1 2006, 12:53 AM
Check with your bank about when they will mark your credit report as 30 days late. I confirmed with 2 banks I had car loans with in the past that they don't until the payment is actually 30+ days late. Good luck.

Josh
This is how it works.... at this point, the bank is your friend and you need to talk with them about the problem and not reporting it to the credit agencies.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:19 AM

My bank will not report a late payment until Feb 15th, so if Bankston makes the payment as promised I should be OK. My dealer's tag arrived as promised, today.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:56 AM

Scott pushing the blame onto someone else... never! Hmmm .. I'm noticing a trend here.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now that you have a dialogue with the Bank keep them in the loop and even if Bankston doesn't pay them off they may still decide not to mark it as late. Nothing requires them to report your credit. The only legal requirement is that if they CHOOSE to report your credit they can't report it worse than what it actually is. If they choose to they can report your credit as perfect even if you had been late every month.

A letter from Scott or other Bankston employee documenting that this is their problem and not yours would go a long ways towards the Bank cooperating and not marking you late. It also could be used later if the computer geek in the dungeon below the bank 6 months from now suddenly realizes that your payment was late and decides to report it.

In that same vein a letter from the bank stating they aren't going to report you as late because it wasn't under your control will circumvent any lates that might show up months from now. The computer doesn't know there was an agreement, it only knows that a payment wasn't made on time. Most of this reporting is automatic unless overridden by a human.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:00 AM

Old 02-01-2006, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch it DJ. I've been polite to you so far, please avoid any slanderous remarks or I can open the world to what's really been going on with your car deal and your "good faith check" . Even though you are miffed, our company still has rights against defamation.

I've already prepared documents for Gene's lender but the Finance director has already alleviated our woes. If there are any issues, I have no problem clearing it up.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by rioyellows2k,Feb 1 2006, 12:09 PM
Watch it DJ. I've been polite to you so far, please avoid any slanderous remarks or I can open the world to what's really been going on with your car deal and your "good faith check" . Even though you are miffed, our company still has rights against defamation.

I've already prepared documents for Gene's lender but the Finance director has already alleviated our woes. If there are any issues, I have no problem clearing it up.
Factual information is not slander or defamation in any court, so go right ahead. But please, do open the world to my deal, as I'm curious how it differs in your mind. I never once asked for early delivery, and never once stated anything other than the funds were being deposited on the 6th. So just remember, while facts are not slander, lying is, and the facts are on my side. Your company dropped the ball, own up to it and move on. The faster that happens, the quicker I'll move on.

BTW, a "Good Faith Check" is a deposit to show proof of interest/seriousness. We were talking about the purchase check. You and/or Bankston never asked for a Good Faith Check, which you would have gotten if it was the customary $500. A "Good Faith Check" was never asked for, you asked me to come in and write a check for the entire amount, to dated and held until the 6th.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Riiiighhhhht....So what are the facts?

You want to buy a car.
You want to pay for it with a check that is not good.
The source are funds from a Loan that you have not Closed on YET
You will be driving in a vehicle you have not paid for and are not obligated to pay for for 10 days since your money is not good.
You could wreck the car and legally hand us the keys back and say "enjoy your wrecked car."
You want us to accept a $35,000 + check from YOU. I won't open up your financial background - but I don't think that we should accept a $35,000 check in good faith.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:38 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds like DJFriar has purchased another car elsewhere and GeneB's issues are nearly resolved. I think this therad has run it's course guys...

Rio and DJ, please take these issues off line. Thanks.