Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Lousy Lease Experience at Bankston Honda!

Old 01-30-2006, 06:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done everything I can on my part. Sorry we're having so many internal issues during our transition Gene. Our General Sales Manager's name is Chris Collins - and he's fairly familiar with the situation. You are more than free to visit with him if you like. I take my reputation here fairly seriously since there are a few S2000 owners that purchased cars from me. here. You have my assurance that I've done everything that I can. There's just other people here too that I have no control over.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll definitely call him, tomorrow. If the loan is still not paid off tomorrow, I'm going to insist he call my bank with an explanation about the late January payment.

GeneB
Old 01-31-2006, 06:36 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Jan 30 2006, 05:05 PM
Oh yeah? What sort of extended warranty
75K Honda "we could hardly" Care warranty
Old 01-31-2006, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Clovis,Jan 31 2006, 09:36 AM
ROFL
Old 01-31-2006, 08:00 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Clovis,Jan 31 2006, 07:36 AM
Oh yeah, that's now past. Good thing we haven't needed to use it. BTW which xbrace and fsb are on the car? We were trying to figure out at the NSX drive on sunday but no one could tell.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:46 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Jan 31 2006, 09:00 AM
Oh yeah, that's now past. Good thing we haven't needed to use it. BTW which xbrace and fsb are on the car? We were trying to figure out at the NSX drive on sunday but no one could tell.
That's the Muz Whiteline fsb. Mingster sold me the x-brace but I don't remember the brand. It's been on there since 2000.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:17 PM

Update on Bankston Honda: Scott P. has fedexed another dealer tag and my valet key. I should get it Wednes. My car loan had not been paid off as of today.

I called the two managers names at Bankston given me by Scott P. starting at 11:00 am. but could only leave my number to be called. I left my numbers again several times in the afternoon. No one had the courtesy to return my calls. I finally called Honda Customer Service in California to complain. They contacted Bankston and magically I got a call from a Bankston Finance officer around 5:00 pm. He said Bankston called my bank and promised to FedEx a check overnight for the payoff.

But isn't it sad to have to call Mother Honda to to get my calls returned by someone from Bankston? Shows how much they value their customers. I also called Fidelity and stopped payment on their MM check. The Bankston finance guy didn't have a clue where it was.

GeneB
Old 01-31-2006, 06:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This has the potential to be much more serious than you think. A 30 day late can drop your credit scores by 50 or more points for many months to come. Even if you finally get them to remove the late your score won't go back to the point it was before the incident.

I see this quite often and no matter how good a guy Scott is there is no excuse for this to happen. The dealers don't care because it doesn't affect them personally.

A 30 day late a month ago is much worse than a 90 day late a year ago.

Want to buy a house or get a car loan it could cost you a good interest rate. Or (gasp) heaven forbid you have a credit card. The credit card rules allow all your credit card companies to raise your interest rate to their penalty rates of close to or above 30% because of a late to someone else! Once they check your credit again, and they do periodically, you will see the rates jump overnight for no apparent reason.

The upside to this - there are so many damages you can prove this happened due to their negligence, once your card rates start climbing that you might be able to get a good settlement. Of course that would take years and cost a lot in attorney fees.

For any of you who think I am crying wolf I can put you in contact with multiple people this has happened to and we are just one mortgage company seeing a small slice of the public. I have 2 people right now that I am working with that this has happened to. One of them has 19 cards that raised his rates.

How big a problem can one little late be when getting a mortgage? My wife has one lady right now who was only an authorized user on a gas credit card - she didn't actually have the card. A 30 day late in November that the gas company has said was a misteak, has caused her to be turned down by 4 mortgage companies and 2 banks. These people have been trying to build a home and needed a stated income loan and since stated income loans are based upon credit no one has been willing to give her a loan. We're going to be able to do it, but we have to go to the trouble of getting letters from the gas company and paying a service to get the info forced on the credit bureau and new credit scores generated. Most mortgage companies won't go to that much trouble.

I'm sorry for ranting but most people are not in a position to see how much damage something like can cause. I see the results everyday and sometimes I don't believe it (having 19 credit cards double interest rates because of an erroneous 30 day late on a bill that has nothing to do with credit cards). This is not an "oh my goodness, we're so sorry" type of event!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,Jan 31 2006, 09:08 PM
How big a problem can one little late be when getting a mortgage? My wife has one lady right now who was only an authorized user on a gas credit card - she didn't actually have the card. A 30 day late in November that the gas company has said was a misteak, has caused her to be turned down by 4 mortgage companies and 2 banks. These people have been trying to build a home and needed a stated income loan and since stated income loans are based upon credit no one has been willing to give her a loan. We're going to be able to do it, but we have to go to the trouble of getting letters from the gas company and paying a service to get the info forced on the credit bureau and new credit scores generated. Most mortgage companies won't go to that much trouble.

I'm sorry for ranting but most people are not in a position to see how much damage something like can cause. I see the results everyday and sometimes I don't believe it (having 19 credit cards double interest rates because of an erroneous 30 day late on a bill that has nothing to do with credit cards). This is not an "oh my goodness, we're so sorry" type of event!!!
From what you've described I'd imagine anyone in subprime would work with that. Not that I'm trying to belittle the situation, but saying he won't be able to get a house is false.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never said he might not be able to get a house I said it could cost him a good interest rate, but then again it depends upon what house and what terms he wants.

The lady my wife is working with who wants to build hasn't even been able to get a sub prime loan be cause it is a construction loan and it is a stated income.

Sub Prime isn't an option, it's a punishment!!

The things you take for granted as normal in a loan usually don't exist in the sub prime world. There can be things like changing rates (maybe doubling), loan balances increasing instead of going down, prepayment penalties. They are a whole nuther world and he shouldn't be relegated to that for someone else's misteak - that's kinda the point of my post.

Quick Reply: Lousy Lease Experience at Bankston Honda!