Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Lousy Lease Experience at Bankston Honda!

Old 01-30-2006, 05:44 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Here's the problem. I had this same issue with Honda Cars of McKinney. Gene, what's going to happen is that the amount owed is going to be higher than the 10 day payoff because of Bankston screwing around paying off your loan. The interest is still accruing every day the balance isn't paid off. So, the check that has been written to Bankston isn't going to be enough to cover the cost.

So, what you need to do is make damn sure that you're responsible for that extra interest expense. Scott should make sure this happens this way. There also might be late fees associated with the loan payment not being made in time. Bankston is ALSO responsible for this.

Finally, I would put a stop payment on that Fidelity MM check. It wouldn't be past Bankston (since they're screwed up right now) to deposit both checks and possibly put you in financial trouble temporarily. Fidelity shouldn't charge you for a stop payment ( I think).

Scott, if you're averaging about a car a day, you're making pretty good money. What you need to do is not place the blame on accounting department, even if it is their fault, but take a bit of time and go over there yourself and get everything sorted out. You made the sale/commission, do some good follow-up work and make this guy happy.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A little off the subject.. why is a Fidelity MM check treated any differently than a bank check?.. it clears and pays through a bank exactly the same way.

I have used them for years for numerous things including buying cars.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Jan 30 2006, 08:44 AM
Scott, if you're averaging about a car a day, you're making pretty good money. What you need to do is not place the blame on accounting department, even if it is their fault, but take a bit of time and go over there yourself and get everything sorted out. You made the sale/commission, do some good follow-up work and make this guy happy.

One thing I learned many years ago as an advertising account manager was that clients don't give a sh!t if a mistake was your fault or not. All they care about are results.

If you value your customers, you don't place blame, you solve problems. Regardless of whose fault they are.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:57 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by cdelena,Jan 30 2006, 07:25 AM
A little off the subject.. why is a Fidelity MM check treated any differently than a bank check?.. it clears and pays through a bank exactly the same way.

I have used them for years for numerous things including buying cars.
I was wondering the same thing? It clears through ACH just like most other checks?!?! I'm planning on using a USAA MM check when I get a house, they darn well better accept that.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't explain why they can't except the MM check in this case. We've accepted them in the past w/o issue. The way our accounting office is setup - I couldn't talk to them even if I wanted to. And they're off site in some mystery building. Second we adjusted Gene's Payoff since the FUBAR so the payoff is handled.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rioyellows2k,Jan 30 2006, 11:02 AM
I can't explain why they can't except the MM check in this case. We've accepted them in the past w/o issue. The way our accounting office is setup - I couldn't talk to them even if I wanted to. And they're off site in some mystery building. Second we adjusted Gene's Payoff since the FUBAR so the payoff is handled.
Although I do not work for Honda, I can totally understand when things are out of your hands. I work for a major telecom company, and there are departments that are very decentralized, broken up, spread out (or hidden as mentioned earlier) that you woudln't know who or where to go to get a contact, much less the right contact.

This is not Scott's fault, and based on his attempt to assist me when Honda essentially screwed me, I know he would do everyting within his power to get anyone the help they needed. In my case, he owed me nothing but definitely tried his best.

If anything, chalk this up to a 2nd ding against sh*tty Honda customer service, not a ding against Scott's track record and excellent reputation.

Bottom line is: HONDA CUST SVC SUCKS.

Tx_Phantom

PS - I'll be back in the mix for group drives March 11th.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Jan 30 2006, 09:57 AM
I was wondering the same thing? It clears through ACH just like most other checks?!?! I'm planning on using a USAA MM check when I get a house, they darn well better accept that.
I would go ahead and call the company you're closing through and double check on it so you don't run into any problems when you're trying to close.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:44 PM

Well, today I got a letter from my bank complaining about my not making the January payment. I called them and the car has NOT been paid off by Bankston despite what Scott has written. Bankston has gone overboard to give me a late payment/bad credit report. What incompetence!! Still no registration sticker and it's going on 4 weeks and an expired dealer tag to boot. Sure wish I'd done business with Huggins Honda! I will next time. I'll be sure to call Honda USA tomorrow.

GeneB
Old 01-30-2006, 04:01 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GeneB,Jan 30 2006, 04:44 PM
Well, today I got a letter from my bank complaining about my not making the January payment. I called them and the car has NOT been paid off by Bankston despite what Scott has written. Bankston has gone overboard to give me a late payment/bad credit report. What incompetence!! Still no registration sticker and it's going on 4 weeks and an expired dealer tag to boot. Sure wish I'd done business with Huggins Honda! I will next time. I'll be sure to call Honda USA tomorrow.

GeneB
That doesn't sound good at all. Have you spoken with the GM yet. If not, it's time. When my Lute Riley clutch service went South I called and spoke to Rene Isip, owner, directly. That got things worked out in a hurry + an extended warranty.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:05 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Clovis,Jan 30 2006, 05:01 PM
That doesn't sound good at all. Have you spoken with the GM yet. If not, it's time. When my Lute Riley clutch service went South I called and spoke to Rene Isip, owner, directly. That got things worked out in a hurry + an extended warranty.
Oh yeah? What sort of extended warranty

Quick Reply: Lousy Lease Experience at Bankston Honda!