Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Insurance Claim #2

Old 12-08-2006, 06:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or maybe she's just blind in one eye and can't judge distances on that side of the car.

BTW... if you were in a truck and she was in a car, then you can expect the amount of damage to be disproportionate. Cars just aren't as sturdy as trucks. That doesn't mean that she didn't already have pre-existing damage... it's just something to keep in mind when analyzing the damage to the two vehicles.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Dec 8 2006, 09:53 AM
Or maybe she's just blind in one eye and can't judge distances on that side of the car.

BTW... if you were in a truck and she was in a car, then you can expect the amount of damage to be disproportionate. Cars just aren't as sturdy as trucks. That doesn't mean that she didn't already have pre-existing damage... it's just something to keep in mind when analyzing the damage to the two vehicles.
But it's a 4Runner with color coded bumpers, it's not a Chevy 1500. The bumpers on the 4Runner are wimpy (and mucho expensivo)....

Her trying to squeeze by between my truck and the curb on my right and hitting me is just pure stupidy and she does not deserve to have a license.

Thanks for your input tho marcus...

Tx_Phantom

PS - isn't it sweet driving the S in this cold weather??? (minus the easily fogging windows hehehe)!

found out the top of our parking garage is not used hardly at all, but still partially covered, so i got a sweet end spot with cover and a near 100% no ding guarantee!

Old 12-08-2006, 08:19 AM

Some would argue that stopping in the middle of the road isn't exactly the smartest thing to do either. Just because she tried to do something she shouldn't have doesn't mean it's all her fault, and in TX they can split fault...

I'm betting that the insurance companies end up splitting the "fault" between the two of you... maybe 70% her, 30% you. I'm not a claims adjuster, so I could be VERY wrong.

-Doug
Old 12-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Banned

True points, but it wasn't a road, it was a parking lot.

Still, let's say I was even moving east through the lot, she can not and should not have been trying to pass another vehicle through there period. Not to mention on the right.

All I know is after all the harassment from the husband, I let the adjusters know that if he came near me ot my GF again, I'd be coming to my front door with my 12 ga. I'm sure they relayed the message.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ You should get a restraining order... that would look good in court if you have to fight this lady.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Dec 8 2006, 12:57 PM
^ You should get a restraining order... that would look good in court if you have to fight this lady.
LOL - She's be woman #3 I've had to get one for, but it's not her harassing. She didn't even speak English... It's her husband I'd be getting it for.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tx_Phantom,Dec 8 2006, 07:19 AM
Yes, she is...
I know.. but her looks are a different topic..
Old 12-08-2006, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Dec 8 2006, 07:53 AM
I'll second that.. I didn't have clearence around my truck (I was told i did by my girl.. or so i thought she said i had room)

anyway how it happened isn't important.. but I did nothing to my truck but leave NFR paint on it. I did crunch my fender in and broke the bumper mount at the fender/wheelwell...
Old 12-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Banned

It sounds like to me that the adjuster at AIG is leaning towards it being her fault. I gave him the name of an eye witness, so we'll see if what she said tio me Saturday about it is the same thing she tells the adjuster. Either way, I think I'll get my car fixed and it be her fault.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Banned

Update:

AIG ruled in my favor, but lowballed me ont he money granted... 531 bucks... the foglamp assembly alone costs 400, the fender flare is about 200 bucks w/o p[aint and they didnt even give me anything for the front wheel, which now looks curb rashed...

So, now my next step is to get a few estimates for a comparison.

Tx_Phantom

Quick Reply: Insurance Claim #2