Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Insurance Claim #2

Old 12-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance Claim #2

I guess we're gonna find out how good AIG and State Farm are now....

I park my truck outside (always backed into the parking spot)... This morning, I pull out, turn left (east) out of the spot, and I was about 90% turned out, I completely stop to get my drink, and BAM.... An Asian woman (algo going east) hit me on the front right fender, trying to squeeze between me and the curb on my right... When I got hit, I was like WTF??? Where did she come from?

Then the husband comes around my house after and saw my GF on her way to work and tried asking her questions... Then I get a call from him and he's starts harassing me saying I am 100% at fault, etc. I'm like WTF dude, I was sitting completely still and she hit me! I finally had to just hang up on him.

Damage is light, just looks like my bumber and front fender are scraped... But this could get nasty because the husband was changing the story about what happened (and the idiot wasn't even there)....

State Farm always provided me good service, so we'll see what AIG does.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why did you pull half-way out of your spot and then stop? That seems odd. Was there a reason that you stopped... other than to get your drink?

They might have a pretty good chance of putting you at fault, saying that you pulled out in front of her. She had the right away, since she was going straight ahead, and you were pulling out of a spot.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Banned

nah man, I was almost 100% facing east, just like her. if you saw the scrapes on my truck, you'd agree i was side swpied. its pretty obvious that she was trying to squeeze (pass) me on the right side and mis calculated how much room she had.

bottom line is, if you hit a car thats completely stopped, it's your fault.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:19 AM

Would it be different if it were a Caucasian woman?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by juice04,Dec 7 2006, 09:19 AM
if the story he's telling is true (sorry I wasn't there i just have to assume you're correct) then no there wouldn't be a difference.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 12-07-2006, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by juice04,Dec 7 2006, 09:19 AM
Leave your racial stuff at home, buddy. Phantom was just describing what happened - nothing more.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Banned

I'm a business systems analyst at work and part of my job is to be extremely detail oriented. It doesn't mattter that she was asian, it's just me being descriptive. Meant no harm by it, I hate everybody equally.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:24 PM

No harm at all. I just thought it was a funny tidbit.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:27 PM

Lol, i am Asian but i had to agreed with you.....I hated everybody equally too. No discrimination . From your side of the story you may be ok since you are complete stop. Just stick by your side of story with your insurance. I had the similar situation 2 weeks ago involed in a 3 cars acciddent(mostly just side-swipe each other) and i ended up to be the guilty ones and here's my story of the acciddent:

I was traveled North bound on Dallas toll (N.W hwy) and i was driving in the center lane. In front of me was a Lexus SC 430 driven by a woman in the right-lane. Suddenly she hit the brake and stop her car and next thing i know a big water bottle(the ones that used in the office and at home) flying out from underneath of her car and rolled over to my lane! I was like WTF! and so my eyes concertrated on the water-bottle as it started to rolled slowly over the the left-lane. My first reaction was to change to the left-lane quick but decided to stay in the center lane and reduced my speed since the bottle is rolling to the left lane. But then this dumb@ss lady suddenly opened her door and jumped out of the car and by now i was only about 40-50 feet from her car. My eyes was already concerntrating on the bottle and by her opened the door and jumped in the middle of the freeway scare the SHIT out of me!!! And so what do i do? I tried to squire to the left a bit where i would miss both the bottle and her.....and what do i ended up with? Side-swipe the other pick-up truck that was behind me(he saw what had happen and so he speed up and changed lane just before i tried to squire to the left.....and i don't know how the heck he side-swipe with the other pick-up truck! beat me!

Anyway, the lady in the Lexus admitted that it is her fault because she ran over the water bottle and didn't know it and thought that her car was on fire and so she panic and stopped and jumped out of the car! WTF!!! How the heck you ran over a water bottle that as big as a trash-can and didn't know!!! Anyway, she called her insurance and filed a claim for all of us....BUT then her insurance(Nation-wide) denied our claims saying that the lady had the rights to stop and jump out of the car in the middle of the freeway because she thought that her car was on fired and that the others and i would do the same if we thought that our cars was on fire and that i shouldda changing lane since the others behind me did so! And so you are probably figure it out the rest of the story why i am at fault to the other two cars.

Quick Reply: Insurance Claim #2