Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Im Back..at least for a little while

Old 01-24-2004, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im Back..at least for a little while

Hey everyone

Just wanted to say hey and see what has been happening over in the north texas forum. I finally graduated TCU with a business degree (december) and landed my dream job as a sales rep for a fortune 50 company - alcon labs. im super stoked! anyways due to getting a company vehicle (chevy trailblazer) i repeat i am NOT a suv girl i think its time that i sold my car. its just not a wise financial decision to pay on a car that i wont be driving. part of the problem is ill be travelling for the company for at least the next 6 months and i wont even be in tx. so i cant see paying for something im not driving.

at this point i never thought id see the day when i actually thought of selling this car...i love it that much.

on the flip side i know how fortunate i am to land this job and get paid the bling i was offered as well as the awesome benefits that comes along with it.

also i have met a lot of awesome ppl around this area and overseas due to owning it. ill be around this area for a little while longer then my first assignment i have to move to houston.

cheers

emily
Old 01-24-2004, 02:10 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Emily,

Congrats on the new job! I'll pay you $10k cash for your S2000. Let me know.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Get me a job there please. Either that or let me use your S200 for a while.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:07 PM

i told my sister if she could learn how to drive a stick she could use mine until i sold it. but i think shes too afraid.

yea i cant believe i got the job there. well i was qualified but they never hire ppl without sales experience, i was a december grad, and apparently most ppl told me that they had to know someone to get a job there. i also had one of the shortest initial interview to offer time span....5 weeks. all im trying to say is... does it stink in here? because im the shit

pfizer sent me a letter inviting me to a second interview today
Old 01-25-2004, 12:09 PM

oh and quan thanks for returning my call
Old 01-28-2004, 11:44 AM

Congrats on the graduation. No offense to you, but I get really pieved at people with business degrees. I'm an engineer, and I have spoken to several doctors that are impressed at how hard engineering school can be. But people in business and the medical field make all the money. It seems like all my friends that couldn't make it thgough engineering, changed over to business. Then they told me how easy business was. They said all you have to do is be able to retain info and then regurgitate out for tests. They said that you really don't have to truely know it like in engineering.

I'm not mad though, just jealous at the paychecks that people in business get. Congratulations. It will take me 15 years to make what you will be recieving in 5 years. DAMN YOU!!!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 06:23 PM

HAHAHAHA

thats exactly right. i had a full ride for engineering but i knew how much time and energy it took to get the degree vs a business one. also in my senior year of college i interned with lockheed martin and laughed at how much bs the engineers went through and got paid crap.

here i am starting out at more than they will make for a while, and its only up from here, i dont have to wait around for any promotions...its all about how much you sell and the relationships you make with the drs.

but then i know some business majors who dont make crap for salary...i knew where the $$$ was and went after it, after pharmaceuticals im going for surgical sales where the real money is.

ANYBODY WANT A SUGAR MOMMA????
Old 01-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Not only is my wife unemployed (for her 5th month), but I am being laid off on Friday. Thanks for rubbing the salt in a little deeper!

BTW, do you give reach arounds?
Old 01-28-2004, 06:58 PM

Damn that sucks!

So when will you be selling your car?
Old 01-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Selling it...? I plan on being buried in it!

Quick Reply: Im Back..at least for a little while