Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Highspeed Chase

Old 07-23-2006, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove right past the chase on my way home from work. It was so weird. I couldn't figure out why everyone on the other side of 20 was parked and just standing on the side of the road waiting for something. Then i saw the amored cars and super slow 18 wheeler, i knew something was up.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know if Dallas SWAT has been canned? If not, this will make for a good episode.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:56 AM

So nobody got hurt and you guys are criticizing the police?? Tough crowd...
Old 07-24-2006, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Big Bird,Jul 23 2006, 11:09 PM
**** huge waste of gas, cant believe dallas is so stupied.
You do mean stupid right? Seriously, the guy had a hostage at gunpoint and a vehicle that could do some SERIOUS damage to anything in it's way, but nobody got hurt and you think they did a poor job?
Old 07-24-2006, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by RSXelrate,Jul 23 2006, 07:13 PM
As I heard from the news, the guy got into the cab of an 18 wheeler with a gun to the driver, a woman, and started driving for 3 hrs. Apparently he wanted to make a political statement saying that African Americans were prejudiced when being considered for a job and "had an 'X' on their back."
Rent an action movie, it's better.
when in fact all he did was feed into the negative stereotype of the black male
Old 07-24-2006, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by viets2k,Jul 23 2006, 09:37 PM
I think you got a wrong impressing. When i mean that's funny....I mean how the dude driving off the road....around the apt. complex and through the country club, and into the creek. And when i mean cool, i mean it was so interesting how the dude out-smart the cops for nearly 2 hours before they can set up the spikes to spiked his tires. And no, it would not be cooler if it was my car that he hit....and it sure wouldn't be any cooler if there was death involted.
why do you think I own a Z71?
Old 07-24-2006, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by marcucci,Jul 24 2006, 06:31 AM
Anyone know if Dallas SWAT has been canned? If not, this will make for a good episode.
the armored car on the outside line (right side looking down from above) had it's door open and a guy in shorts with a video camera. I'm going to say it's probably not canned since my first thought seeing the camera man was. well this one should make the show!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:53 AM

I can't believe that we're so wussy as to just let this go on for 3 hours following them around town.

They should have shot out the radiator (which is what they eventually did) in the first 10 minutes and saved us all a ton of taxpayer money... or they could have sniped the guy in the head.

It did turn out well, though... nobody hurt and no real damage to anything except the poor truck.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking an RPG but I guess a .50 cal would have worked just fine.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kaiser,Jul 24 2006, 09:53 AM
I can't believe that we're so wussy as to just let this go on for 3 hours following them around town.

They should have shot out the radiator (which is what they eventually did) in the first 10 minutes and saved us all a ton of taxpayer money... or they could have sniped the guy in the head.

It did turn out well, though... nobody hurt and no real damage to anything except the poor truck.
they waited until they got in a rural area to disable the vehicle as to not have innocents around for the innevitable stand-off situtaiton. not just the radiator either. they shot both fuel tanks (later said to prevent the auxilery generator from running so that they'd have no A/C)

as for sniping. they tried that. sniper didn't have a shot. one of the APC's sped ahead and got on an overpass. he was in the turret with a Barrett 50BMG.. but for some reason couldn't take the shot. perhaps because in several images the guy was down low below the dashboard.

I'm sure me of all people you won't believe is saying this. but sometimes firepower isn't always the best (or safest) answer. blow his head off and nerve relfexed pull the trigger and the driver gets shot and possibly killed anyway.

Quick Reply: Highspeed Chase