Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

help

Old 07-30-2006, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hate seeing a honda down but please dontn waste time taking to the dealership they only waste your time and make you feel like a shitty driver because they no all and no how you drive hahahha
Old 08-02-2006, 08:31 PM

so i was denied for the repairs after lots of bitching they are going to cover it..so will see after done by the way the upper strut bar and exhaust was one of the big things that was holding them back..
Old 08-03-2006, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Told 'ya. You wouldn't have had to bitch if that stuff wasn't on there.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:51 PM

yes you were right but someone in the back ws trying to **** me over by saying the suspension was modified and shit,regardless neither of those things should have made a diffrence
Old 08-14-2006, 08:38 PM

well honda came through and paid for it all,including the deductable....
Old 08-14-2006, 09:27 PM

Actually you owe a thank you to the Service Manager Chris. It's not usual for HondaCare to initally deny a claim, and within a few hours accept it. Chris personally asked HondaCare to "Goodwill" you. Just make sure to take care of your car better from now on. I went through the appraisal system when you tried to trade your car in and your airbox wasn't covered in some of the photos. You need to be more careful if you wish to butt heads with Honda in the future. I'm glad it worked out for you though. That repair was expensive. I think the warranty claim was wel over $5000.00. Did you pick up your car today or was it your dad?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5 Grand? WTF? Why would it be so expensive? You could put in a totally new tranny for less than that.

BTW... I don't think you should have to "Thank" anybody for doing what they're supposed to do. That's not a "Goodwill" case... it's a case of them covering what they're supposed to cover. Unless I missed something, there was no evidence that he abused the car in any way, and this is not the first failure of this type. We all know that aftermarket parts like exhausts and intakes, etc don't cause this type of failure.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:00 PM

goodwill my ass they new damn right it was there prob to fix it, and yes my dad picked it up while i was at work..and when i was trying to take care of it honda of lewisville was throwing me around jsut laughing at me b/c the no i am young and asume i drive the hell out of the TORQUE monster.IF it wasn't for my dad talking to honda care i would be contacting a lawyer to take further action and get this resolved.i bought the car with around 45K or something like that there for most of the miles were put on by another owner, yall certified the car with out taking a damn good look at maybe yall should chage the ways of cert cars.and as for the airbox you told me to take it off it was jsut liek having a intake..and why the **** would pics of my car be brought up form when i was trying to trade it in..answer b/c the wanted me to pay for it b/c on a warrenty job the mech gets a pay cut...but iam greatful that this is all over and my car is fixed..
Old 08-16-2006, 05:29 AM

A Brand new Tranny (parts alone) is $4900 retail. Plus the Labor. ....I'm just relaying the information that I know. I don't know what the evidenece did or di not sugggest - but I know Honda came out and looked at the car and the transmission initially.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rioyellows2k,Aug 16 2006, 08:29 AM
A Brand new Tranny (parts alone) is $4900 retail. Plus the Labor. ....I'm just relaying the information that I know. I don't know what the evidenece did or di not sugggest - but I know Honda came out and looked at the car and the transmission initially.
Looking at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, the list price is $4200 for a full assembly, but you can get it for $3150 from them.

Anyway... yeah, the point is that the dealer is always going to try to screw you when it comes to this type of stuff, and it shouldn't be that way. No one should have to "Thank" them just because they do what they're supposed to do... especially if they've already been a pain in the ass about the whole situation. Gratitude should be shown when they go out of their way to make your life easier, not when they initially make it harder just to make it look like they're somehow doing you a favor.

Quick Reply: help