Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

help

Old 07-28-2006, 07:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rioyellows2k,Jul 28 2006, 05:45 PM
I watched them tear down your transmission today. Fifth Works - you just can't shift into it.
As I have mentioned several times on several threads, the loss of 5th usually isn't the synchros as in bad synchros, thank you. It is from lack of lubrication from lack of use - lack of use was the "official" reasoning in the almost TSBs that used to be circulated but aren't out there now.

They stick from not getting lubed by skipping 5th or mostly by driving in the lower gears over and over as in an autocross/track situation.

That is why 5th comes back on it's own. Fortunately I saw one of the bulletins on this issue before they disappeared and didn't worry, too much, when it happened to me. I would have freaked as well if I hadn't known about the issue. That's why I told you NOT to take it to the dealer but drive it for a few days.

I don't pretend to understand how a tranny works or how a unit that sits in an oil bath can not get lubed, but 2 pieces (the synchro is one or is it 2?) sticktion keeps them together for a while and then they work themselves apart.

It has happened to me and several other people on the forum.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i understand and did take your advise, but as for honda they are lying over and over and now that they do have the tranny out and open they are saying that 5th gear is "broke" and as for the others they ar messed up to, my guess missing teeth i have yet to get full details but will relate them to yall as soon as the truth comes out!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:14 PM

Well any respectable repair shop will allow you to see the parts that were removed and "repaired" from your vehicle if you request it... so if you think they're being shaddy then mention that when you order the work to be done.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:23 PM

i just think that all this should be covered under the warrenty that they sold t me saying quote,"this isn't like any other warrenty this is the best" my ass same old shit, its a pain to get them to cover what they should cover! hell any other company would have already got this taken care of!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So was the single exhaust on the car when you bought it and the warranty? If so they have no choice but to cover it. The District Attorney is your friend and he is free.

How long have you owned it?

Your other gears were working fine and now they say all of them were worn as well? Missing teeth you'd know about.

Sounds like you may have a case for misrepresentation from the dealer who sold you the car?
Old 07-29-2006, 09:44 AM

no i jsut put teh exhaust on the car, got it from mic crispy since he just traded i his ap1, exhaust has been on te car for twp weeks i have owned the car for 6 months and starting to think the whole honda certified used cars is bs they jst slap that on any used car that comes in the lot that is newer and stock!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honda still needs to send someone out to inspect it I'll see if I can snag some photos of the Gears and etc. before they come in. I'm not going to assume to know what will happen, I'm just saying a modded car won't be looked at favorably. The certified warranty is Honda's confidence in their car driven under "normal conditions." I'll let you guys determine what the Manufacturer thinks "normal driving" is. I think you're still under the 12K/12K bubble anyway. I hope it works out for you.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:46 AM

I don't know if this has been posted, but check it out, it's similar to one of the first few postings. Good luck man.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...209&hl=woodwork
Old 07-30-2006, 12:58 PM

after reading the link juice04 put up i now no exactly what honda care is going to do, they are going to come out and say yep its abused, this is now becoming a pain in the ass. i hope honestly they are going to cover it b/c this is a known problem and iam not teh first person its happened to. read the link that he posted i think its liek the thrird or so reply the exact same thing happened to that kid as me!!honda care better pull through and own up..and as for being modded a cat back exhaust shouldn't make a diffrence but as far as i am concerned tey are going to use it as a excuse to say the car hass been abused wit is bs
Old 07-30-2006, 05:10 PM

hey, at least you didnt get stuck for 2 hours like i did today. My transmission (or possibly clutch) took a crap today. My 5th gear had went out about 2 months ago and been having trouble shifting through all gears. Well today it finally gave, and I could not shift at all. GS Motorsports will be helping me figure out the problem tomorrow but in the meantime I am looking for a transmission in the Dallas/FW area. If anyone also has a good used OEM clutch I need that as well, mine has 140k miles on it,lol..........................

thanks,
juan

Quick Reply: help