Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Grand Prix of Houston Apr 20-22

Old 03-20-2007, 01:03 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Update: We have to send in payment by April 1, I will be working with our club treasurer AlTees to see if we can have everything sent into the club paypal to get the tickets. Please PM me if you plan on attending and how many you plan on bringing. More details to follow.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' date='Mar 20 2007, 03:03 PM
Update: We have to send in payment by April 1, I will be working with our club treasurer AlTees to see if we can have everything sent into the club paypal to get the tickets. Please PM me if you plan on attending and how many you plan on bringing. More details to follow.
We are in for 2 each of the 3 day supertickets. I already have a corral ticket.
Any word on the grandstand? Let me know how to whom and when to make payment. Thanks for organizing this event Joseph.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by candyass' date='Mar 20 2007, 07:36 PM
We are in for 2 each of the 3 day supertickets. I already have a corral ticket.
Any word on the grandstand? Let me know how to whom and when to make payment. Thanks for organizing this event Joseph.
I believe we can pick the grandstand 1, 4, 6. Looking at the map corner 4 looks like the best action. What do you recommend?

I'm waiting for AlTees to let me know if we can collect payment with the club paypal and then send it in for the tickets all together. We just need to have all the payment in by April 1 so I just need to know for everyone else ASAP if they know for sure. I had a really great time and saw some good racing so I don't mind organizing this year since Clovis did such a great job last year. I'm a bit disappointed at the turnout so far though, I thought we had more gearheads on the board that would enjoy some live racing.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower' date='Mar 20 2007, 10:17 PM
I believe we can pick the grandstand 1, 4, 6. Looking at the map corner 4 looks like the best action. What do you recommend?

I'm waiting for AlTees to let me know if we can collect payment with the club paypal and then send it in for the tickets all together. We just need to have all the payment in by April 1 so I just need to know for everyone else ASAP if they know for sure. I had a really great time and saw some good racing so I don't mind organizing this year since Clovis did such a great job last year. I'm a bit disappointed at the turnout so far though, I thought we had more gearheads on the board that would enjoy some live racing.
You are probably a better judge of what area is better since you were all around the course last year. We were in grandstand#6 last year and as I recall we could only see them exit corner 6 and then go through corners 7 and 8. Grandstand 4 might be a great sppot if you can see corners 2-3-4-5-6. You tell me.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by candyass' date='Mar 20 2007, 11:14 PM
You are probably a better judge of what area is better since you were all around the course last year. We were in grandstand#6 last year and as I recall we could only see them exit corner 6 and then go through corners 7 and 8. Grandstand 4 might be a great sppot if you can see corners 2-3-4-5-6. You tell me.
I think we can see the most racing (and crashes) from corner 4. I will let Coop know and am waiting on a response on the process of gathering money. I will post the info as soon as I find out.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im am going 1000% sure, but I can only go for 2 days.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by XLeezardx' date='Mar 21 2007, 11:44 AM
Im am going 1000% sure, but I can only go for 2 days.
Not a problem, it would probably still make more sense to buy the 3 day ticket since it's group discounted. Are you bringing anyone with?
Old 03-21-2007, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have alot of friends in Houston who lives near the event. So im mainly going to spend the night at their apt instead of a hotel. I might get them to go too, ill let u know ahead of time though. Im willing to pick some people up if they wanna car pool.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:52 PM

Lee,

You want to go 2 days, I want to go 1 day. Lets share the cost. PM me if interested. I called the GPHouston office, they are 3 separate tickets and permissible.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by XLeezardx' date='Mar 21 2007, 01:25 PM
I have alot of friends in Houston who lives near the event. So im mainly going to spend the night at their apt instead of a hotel. I might get them to go too, ill let u know ahead of time though. Im willing to pick some people up if they wanna car pool.
Thanks for the offer, I'm sure someone would probably like to hitch a ride unless they plan on staying all 3 days. I may have an extra seat in my car depending on if we take the dog or not. Pilotsi rode down there with me last time.

You guys can work it out between the tickets I just need to know which one is going to pay and you can split the cost yourselves.

Anyone else planning on going? I'm going to PM the people that went last year and see if we have any repeat offenders

Quick Reply: Grand Prix of Houston Apr 20-22