Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Grand Prix of Houston

Old 05-05-2006, 06:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Regarding the parking pass:

Mark E. Johnson

Pass the word. The corral parking is getting mailed today and tomorrow. You'll have it in time. Thanks. Mark.

Mark E. Johnson
Director of Ticketing & Corporate Sales
Grand Prix of Houston
1111 Bagby Street, Suite 1950
Houston, TX 77002

Direct: 713-287-3406
Old 05-05-2006, 06:20 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Clovis,May 5 2006, 06:06 AM

Mark E. Johnson

Pass the word. The corral parking is getting mailed today and tomorrow. You'll have it in time. Thanks. Mark.

Mark E. Johnson
Grand Prix of Houston
Houston, TX 77002

Ok good, I guess i'll look to see if my card got charged. It'd be nice if he at least sent some kind of confirmation or receipt email.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clovis,May 5 2006, 08:06 AM

Mark E. Johnson

Mark E. Johnson
Grand Prix of Houston
Houston, TX 77002

good, phew I was starting to get worried...............
Old 05-07-2006, 09:03 PM

Everybody gettin' ready
Old 05-08-2006, 06:30 AM

I just got a call from someone at GP houston on behalf of Mark regarding the corral passes. He said they were calling around to see who had given their CC info and were going to fedex the passes out today or tomorrow.

So how many DFW folks are meeting up friday morning to drive out?
Old 05-08-2006, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by candyass,May 7 2006, 09:03 PM
Everybody gettin' ready
In preparation over the weekend I:

Performed an oil change.

Installed new door speaker system to listen to on the road.

Installed satellite radio system to counter those stationless stretches on the road to and from Houston.

Removed Spugen exhaust and installed Borla so that I can actually hear new door speakers and satellite radio.

Removed spare and tools to make a bit more luggage space (Quite a bit, surprisingly).

Double-checked wallet for AAA card due to removal of spare and tools.

Dodged dagger glances from wife for planning on taking son and leaving town on Mother's Day weekend.

Shopped online for killer flower arrangement to be delivered to wife on Saturday in faint hope of having a place to sleep when we return Sunday.

Other than that, not much prep.

KJK
Old 05-08-2006, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,May 8 2006, 06:30 AM
I just got a call from someone at GP houston on behalf of Mark regarding the corral passes. He said they were calling around to see who had given their CC info and were going to fedex the passes out today or tomorrow.

So how many DFW folks are meeting up friday morning to drive out?
I also got a call Saturday night from the GP. She wanted to know what days I would need passes. She said they would mail Monday.

I will be leaving (from Forney) about 2:30 Friday afternoon as my son is performing in his school's Talent Show. We will leave from the school immediately after it is over. I hate to miss so much racing, but this is naturally very important to him. The school didn't finalize the date it until about three weeks ago.

If anyone who is going early works near Addison, I'll be happy to hand off a batch of earplugs if you want to drop by my office or meet somewhere. Colin and I will probably not be at the track until shortly before the ALMS feature race Friday evening.

KJK
Old 05-08-2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by KJ_Knowles,May 8 2006, 07:49 AM
I also got a call Saturday night from the GP. She wanted to know what days I would need passes. She said they would mail Monday.

I will be leaving (from Forney) about 2:30 Friday afternoon as my son is performing in his school's Talent Show. We will leave from the school immediately after it is over. I hate to miss so much racing, but this is naturally very important to him. The school didn't finalize the date it until about three weeks ago.

If anyone who is going early works near Addison, I'll be happy to hand off a batch of earplugs if you want to drop by my office or meet somewhere. Colin and I will probably not be at the track until shortly before the ALMS feature race Friday evening.

KJK
I wouldn't mind 2 pairs of earplugs and I live in carrollton but i'm at a friend's house near marsh/beltline all the time. Maybe we could meet up sometime this week?
Old 05-08-2006, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by KJ_Knowles,May 8 2006, 06:36 AM
Shopped online for killer flower arrangement to be delivered to wife on Saturday in faint hope of having a place to sleep when we return Sunday.

KJK
Best move of the whole list...
Old 05-08-2006, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,May 8 2006, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't mind 2 pairs of earplugs and I live in carrollton but i'm at a friend's house near marsh/beltline all the time. Maybe we could meet up sometime this week?
My office is on the southwest corner of Belt Line and Surveyor; about midway between Midway and Marsh (no pun intended). It is in the same building complex as Jasmine Restauraunt and Joe's Italian Cafe (formerly Pizzaria Uno). Not far from your friends house at all!

KJK

Quick Reply: Grand Prix of Houston