North Texas Club

Discount Tire

Old 04-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm done...
Old 04-04-2006, 09:45 AM

Other than sometimes long wait times, i've had good knowlegeable service at Discount Tire.

They sell a tire at their current market value, unless you show them otherwise, then they can choose to accomodate you or not to match that price.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bo_Vien,Apr 4 2006, 08:55 AM
I keep going to this one Chevron. It's too bad I have to pay for gas at today's prices and not what I paid 2 months ago.
HAHAHAHA! I think I might be the only one that caught that joke!

Tire Prices definitely change on a monthly basis which does suck.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:30 AM

Not to slam on the OP --

but I don't think Discount Tire watches who the cheapest tire is either. Just because Tire Rack has it for a certain price doesn't mean Discount will keep track of every tires price every week. Know what I mean?

Then again, I'm not sure what causes the tires to flucuate in prices either...
Old 04-04-2006, 10:56 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Had a horrible experience with a jacka** at Discount Tire off of MacArthur in Valley Ranch. I've ALWAYS had discount tire match prices from tirerack. Well, this guy would have absolutely none of that. I didn't ask for an exact match, just to get close to the price, so I wouldn't feel like I was ripped off. He told me to go ahead and order from tirerack, but they would charge $160 to mount and balance (not even lifetime balance). I laughed in his face and told him to take a hike.

I then call the Discount Tire by Grapevine Mills (a whole 6 miles away) and the guy gladly matched tirerack and even said they were in stock. He gave me such a great deal, I paid the extra $50 or so to get the road hazard. My wife showed up with her IS300 and 45 minutes later was driving off with new tires, mounted, balanced ready to go.

What made me mad was the guy at MacArthur told me it was company policy not to match and I called him out as a liar. Then, he backtracked a little bit and said it was HIS manager's policy. Whatever. I didn't even waste the time to call him and tell him that I got matched at another DT down the street.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:58 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Oh, sorry about the semi off-topic story. About the OP, talk about overreacting over a freakin' $11 two months later.

This may be a news flash, but PRICES FLUCTUATE ON A LOT OF GOODS AND SERVICES.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Clovis,Apr 4 2006, 06:57 AM
The tire price went up a whole $10, big deal. Check Tire Rack, tire pricing fluctuates monthly.
this is true.. here is why... petrolium is used to make tires... so... it stands to reason if you see your gas prices go up.. your tire prices are going to go up as well.. upside is that from what I've seen of my warehouses.. the prices don't go up on current inventory.. just new shipments recieved after the increase from manufacturer... now whether your retailer chooses to keep it even or jack it up then I can't tell you.... along with the petro to make the tires.. there is shipping cost that is figured into that.. they have to pay a higher gas price to get them to their distributers... there is no shipping if I custom order a tire usually. it's figured into the price... in august toyos went up an average of 15$ dollars a tire.. 10 is acceptable...
Old 04-04-2006, 12:24 PM

Eh, it doesn't really matter how I personally feel about the matter, but I'm going to pass on a quote from one of my professors from a sales class.

"Even the American economy is a Democracy. Vote with your dollar."

Our economy is based on who buys what from where, if you don't want to support them, then spend your money elsewhere and "vote" for a different company to thrive on your business. If enough people feel the same way as you do then the company will suffer. 'Nuff said.
-Doug
Old 04-04-2006, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tx_Phantom,Apr 4 2006, 11:15 AM
I'm done...
TX_Phantom:

I believe my original reply was fairly accurate! 'Nuff said!
Old 04-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=60N5.5,Apr 4 2006, 03:33 PM] TX_Phantom:

I believe my original reply was fairly accurate!

Quick Reply: Discount Tire