Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

The Circus is in Allen!

Old 04-07-2006, 11:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation The Circus is in Allen!

I thought some of you might be interested to know that a pretty decent circus is in Allen this weekend. It is on the NW corner of 75 and Allen Rd just before your reach Stacy Road which is where the outlet mall is.

Good place for a date or to take the kids.

I saw the tents along side the road so I stopped and wandered around. It wasn't nearly as big as Ringling Bros, but it was a very good sized travelling show.

I saw elephants, a dwarf hippopotamus, zebras, buffalo, horses, petting zoo and they were still setting up rides and other shows.

The cost was $16 + $1 for coupons for things like riding the elephants (3 required).

Shows are 4:30 and 7:30 Friday

1:30 - 4:30 - 7:30 on Saturday

And 2 shows on Sunday but I can't remember those times.

EDIT: It is the Carson & Barnes Circus and I just found out from my daughter that they will be in Denton next week.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TY very much! My gf has been recently complaining about me not taking her out anywhere on the weekends.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:42 PM

I'm headed to the 7:30 show tonite, I 'll report back how good it is.

Yeah a little impromptu walk in the moonlight on the beach or a circus is always good in the romantic department.

My wife doesn't have a clue where we are going or why, just that we are going somewhere. Doubles the surprise and impromptu quotient.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:08 PM

It is a 2 hour show and quite good.

Good aerials especially the cage act, good elephant act, good horse acts & good gymnasts, especially the little girls. The hula hoop girls were great!

I would recommend that you spend the extra $2 & get center seats. They have a $5 box seat &/or reserved seat option but that isn't worth the money.

They do really go after the kids with elephant & pony rides, peanuts, baloons, coloring books etc. but it's not all that annoying.

They have lots of animals to pet and see that we didn't get to see due to the very high winds as the cold front came thru.

This is part of the vanishing Americana and one of the few travelling tent shows around. When I was growing up there were several a summer and now the few that are out there are usually neighborhood shows at best. This one really had the old time circus flavor.