Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Car Accident Lawyer

Old 05-11-2010, 07:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car Accident Lawyer

Hi all,

First of all I'm looking for any witnesses that saw an accident take place between a gold Mazda 6 and a red dodge durango on Parker and Rainier in Plano, TX on Sunday May 2 at 7pm.

My parents were in my Mazda going west bound on Parker and the Durango either ran a red light or failed to yeild on green and made a left on Rainier colliding with my parents who were injured pretty bad but fortunately they are alive.

Their were 2 guys in the Durango and while my parents were rushed to the hospital the passenger of the Durango committed perjury and is claiming to be a witness documenting that their was only the driver in the Durango and that my dad ran the red light. I've identified real witnesses that know that was not true and I'm pretty sure both of these guys can go to jail for perjury.

My primary concern right now is that my Mazda was on liability and is totalled and this court room procedures take a long time to play out. What's even worse is since my mom only works part time her insurance is not that great and the hospital bills far exceed the car itself.

So this scum bag is worried about his insurance premiums while this accident could cost us a fortune.

So I'm looking for a good lawyer I can talk to about this incident, I just want my car and the hospital bills taken care of and not looking to sue although that's what this scum would deserve but I believe karma always comes back, I'd rather see things straighten away as quickly as possible.

So would do you recommend, should I talk to this guy and his fake witness and inform them an investigation is under way and admit fault and avoid the court room or should I get lawyered up and drag him to court?

Also any good lawyers anyone can suggest?

Sorry for the long write up but this one guys mistakes has completely changed my family's life and has caused so much stress.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I believe perjury occurs only on the witness stand, and people lie to cops all the time without going to jail for it. Most of the traffic lights in Plano seem to have video cameras. Have you looked to see if this intersection does?
Old 05-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Have you watched the turn light cycle to see when the left turn is protected? The sequence in lights will be important.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 AM

Thanks gernby, I was informed if giving a false statement on a police report is classified as perjury as well but it wasn't from a legal expert by any means.

My adjuster said she was going to watch the turn light cycle, that is a good idea, I will try to do that in the next couple of days and just record it.

Fortunately never been an accident before and this has been more of a nightmare than any other stories I have heard.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:13 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

If the "supposed" witness stated to the police that they witnessed the accident, when in fact they did not, they are guilty of making a false police report.

Make sure your insurance has the true witnesses info./statements. Obtain a copy of the police report, make sure the insurance has a copy as well. As for a attorney, if you personally don't know of one I would go through this referral agency for assistance.

http://www.texasbar.com/Template.cfm?Secti...tentDisplay.cfm
Old 05-11-2010, 08:19 AM

Sorry to hear about this man, I wish I could help but idk any good lawyer...
Old 05-11-2010, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by gernby,May 11 2010, 07:41 AM
I believe perjury occurs only on the witness stand, and people lie to cops all the time without going to jail for it. Most of the traffic lights in Plano seem to have video cameras. Have you looked to see if this intersection does?
Thanks for the help so far guys, that intersection does not have a red light camera, but has a little black object that I can not make out what it is. I asked information at the police department and he said it is not something that the city has access to but more txdot or transportation services and does not think they record data but more of a live feed to see traffic congestion.

I'm trying to find out who owns and operates them to see if they are able to release the images.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kntrider,May 11 2010, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the help so far guys, that intersection does not have a red light camera, but has a little black object that I can not make out what it is. I asked information at the police department and he said it is not something that the city has access to but more txdot or transportation services and does not think they record data but more of a live feed to see traffic congestion.

I'm trying to find out who owns and operates them to see if they are able to release the images.
I believe those little black boxes are just sensors to read how much traffic is there, not actually cameras. These are used at lights that aren't on set intervals, but switch to green/red based on who is where.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

I don't think there are any cameras at that particular intersection, according to this TXDOT website. It's pretty neat in that you can check for a multitude of features using the menu.

http://dfwtraffic.dot.state.tx.us/Default....7D%2C2000%29%3B
Old 05-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

I believe those black things are actually just receivers for emergency vehicles (fire trucks, ambulances, etcf.). All emergency vehicles emit a "secret" light (IR?) that triggers stop lights to turn green for them only while all others turn red.

Quick Reply: Car Accident Lawyer