Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Bad experience at Lute Riley Honda in Dallas (long)

Old 10-10-2003, 09:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Big Ben, Do you happen to go to UTA by any chance?
Old 10-11-2003, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Similar experience for me and my girlfriend's Camry at the Toyota place she used to take it to. Her passenger side window stopped working, I removed the door panel to see there was something broken on the motor/regulator assembly, so we took it to the dealer. It took me about 10 minutes to take off the door panel, but when they do it, they charge for an HOUR of labor at $80. Amazing. I'm going to get the part (they wanted $390) elsewhere and do the job myself. But excellent point: How many uninformed people just swallow the BS stories these places give people and fork over all their cash? It's sad.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:45 AM

S2Crazy I would report this to American Honda, the Better Business Bureau, the local television stations consumer watch (they would love to catch a company cheating people), and maybe even the local police department. It is OK for a company to charge whatever they want but it is not OK for them to replace parts that are perfectly fine. That is criminal and against the law. Dealerships that do stuff like that should be caught and punished.

If you are looking for a good dealership in the DFW area I have had great experiences with Huggins Honda both in buying a car and also in getting servince. They are very honest and fair when I have had to deal with them. I think they won a very high award from Honda for the quality of their service.

- John
Old 10-11-2003, 08:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moved to nortex.
Old 10-12-2003, 03:17 PM

Geesh, what is your service advisor's name? I am dropping off my car this Wednesday for warranty work and I want to be sure to avoid him. Since my car was bought from Rusty Wallace, Im thinking about taking it to them, but it is a bit further away. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:08 AM

Mike,

I took my car to Rusty Wallis a few weeks back because I was having problems with the alignment of my top & they did an excellent job getting it taken care of. RW is a bit further away for me too, but there's no way on earth I'll ever take my car to Lute Riley.

Just FYI, I think my service advisor at Rusty Wallis was Kevin.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:30 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys, I've had problems with these dealerships as well. However, I've also had good success with the following guys.

Lute Riley - Paulo Tang (Service Advisor, S2000 Owner) You must request for Sam Handa to work on your car!!!

Eagle Honda - Jonathan Ingram (Service Advisor)
Old 10-13-2003, 10:55 AM

I'll 2nd Clovis on recommending Eagle Honda - it's just too long a drive for me.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:14 AM

I own an 01 Civic EX in addition to my S2k and when I asked for an oil change on the Civic at about 30k miles, they all wanted to do the full bend over inspection for anywhere from 360 to 450 dollars. Part of the service included changing the AC micron filters for anywhere from 100 to 150 dollars for the filters and labor. I bought the filters from Handa Accessories on line for about 14 dollars and changed them in about 10 minutes and I am NOT very handy. Got my oil changed and tires rotated at a Mobil station that I trust for 24.95. They ALL suck if you are not careful!
Old 10-14-2003, 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

My understanding is that Mr. Lute Riley doesn't even own Lute Riley Honda anymore. He sold the dealership (and the right to use his name) to a corporation a few years ago. From what I remember, part of the deal included the 1st S2000 the dealership received after being displayed for a few weeks behind ropes. I think it was red.

Quick Reply: Bad experience at Lute Riley Honda in Dallas (long)