Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Asking a huge favor of S2000 owners near Denton!

Old 02-27-2006, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asking a huge favor of S2000 owners near Denton!

Hello, my name is Ryan and I am looking to pick up an S2000 here within the next 2 weeks. The problem is there aren't any S2000's available right now where I live that interest me. I live in Gardner Kansas which is about 5-6 hours away from you guys. With that said, I am asking a HUGE favor of someone.

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...rs=&cardist=412

I am looking to possibly purchase this S2000 which currently resides at a dealership in Denton, Texas. I was wondering if there was any possible way one of you members in that area could go and look over the car. I've gotten a description from the dealership, but would greatly appreciate it if an S2000 owner from the area could look over and possibly drive the car. That way a person that owns one of the cars, who knows what to look for, can give me a first-hand description of the car itself.

I am asking this as a huge favor since the car is 5-6 hours away from me. If one of you guys/gals could do it I would GREATLY appreciate it. I am VERY excited about getting an S2000, as it has been my dream car since they came out. I've worked hard to get to the position I am at (I'm only 21-years-old) and I feel I can finally afford one without any issues and this is one I'm thinking about getting into.

Anyways, if you could do that I would be forever in debt. If you did if you could please PM me information on the overall condition of the body/interior as well as how it performs/feels/runs and if it has any bugs/issues I would be so greatly appreciative!

Thanks!

-Ryan
Old 02-27-2006, 09:29 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

That looks like a decently clean 00, price is a bit high though. I'm about 15 minutes down the highway from that dealership, used to drive by it every day commuting to school.

I've looked at quite a few S's when helping my gf buy one, and to be honest we were very picky and finally ended up buying the North Tx club presidents last car (clovis) which was much cleaner than most other 00 and even 01 and 02 examples.

PM me and I may be able to stop by there and check it out provided you are serious about buying the car and let the management know that you're having someone check it out for you. A lot of other guys are better versed in these cars though so it may be wise to let someone else check it out.

Another good option is to have them send it to a local honda dealer and have them do an official pre-buy inspection report and send it to you.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:06 AM

It looks like they have some crappy all season tires on it which means they are likely the wrong size. Anything besides the stock S-02 should be 245/45/16 in the rear. I would also be worried about if the diff fluid has ever been changed since most owners don't know that it is important to change regularly.
Also, make sure a VIN sticker is on the each body panel to insure that they are all original. The rear bumper has been repainted since the black part on the bottom is now silver so check for signs of a collision back there. Run a CARFAX to make sure it is a local car and not something from Louisiana or south-east Texas which could mean it has been in a flood.
It should be easy to spot a garaged car by looking at the condition of the rear plastic window. Look at the top for wear holes on both the inside and out. Pay attention to the driver
Old 02-28-2006, 07:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd go check it out for you but Denton is a haul for me as well. Problems I can see just from the pictures would be worse than crap tires, seat bolster on drivers side is broken down, and the rear bumper has been repainted (silver part on bottom should be black). Hard to tell since the top is down but I'm betting that the plastic rear window is creased and full of scratches. For me, outward appearance reflects on the overall mainenance and care of the car and I'm not feeling it on this one. Good luck with your purchase!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Clovis,Feb 28 2006, 08:26 AM
I'd go check it out for you but Denton is a haul for me as well. Problems I can see just from the pictures would be worse than crap tires, seat bolster on drivers side is broken down, and the rear bumper has been repainted (silver part on bottom should be black). Hard to tell since the top is down but I'm betting that the plastic rear window is creased and full of scratches. For me, outward appearance reflects on the overall mainenance and care of the car and I'm not feeling it on this one. Good luck with your purchase!
And after reading what you guys have wrote, it's not going to be an S2000 I purchase. I am not very familiar with these cars as of yet, so I appreciate all the help/advice I can get. The local KC guys said S2000 owners were really cool, but I did not expect this at all. Thanks again for all the help!
Old 02-28-2006, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by RWatters,Feb 28 2006, 08:49 AM
And after reading what you guys have wrote, it's not going to be an S2000 I purchase. I am not very familiar with these cars as of yet, so I appreciate all the help/advice I can get. The local KC guys said S2000 owners were really cool, but I did not expect this at all. Thanks again for all the help!
I think just NTS2KOC people are nice and cool j/k! Good luck with the purchase though, take your time. We waited at least 2 months before we could beg Clovis to sell us his car
Old 02-28-2006, 08:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Feb 27 2006, 10:29 PM
That looks like a decently clean 00, price is a bit high though. I'm about 15 minutes down the highway from that dealership, used to drive by it every day commuting to school.

I've looked at quite a few S's when helping my gf buy one, and to be honest we were very picky and finally ended up buying the North Tx club presidents last car (clovis) which was much cleaner than most other 00 and even 01 and 02 examples.

PM me and I may be able to stop by there and check it out provided you are serious about buying the car and let the management know that you're having someone check it out for you. A lot of other guys are better versed in these cars though so it may be wise to let someone else check it out.

Another good option is to have them send it to a local honda dealer and have them do an official pre-buy inspection report and send it to you.
Does your GF go to UTD by any chance?

Sorry for sidetracking your thread.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by SpeedxRacer,Feb 28 2006, 09:17 AM
Does your GF go to UTD by any chance?

Sorry for sidetracking your thread.
Yes she does, you've probably seen her car around the business building.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:54 PM

why dont you just buy a new one? then you can certify what goes on with it and if youre smart with money...your payments shouldnt be much different...