Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Yeah... I wrecked it already

Old 06-24-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice. When you mean "track", you mean the autocross, a road race course like Texas World Speedway, or the drag strip? First 2 options are good to learn car control. Last option is fun, but you won't learn how to turn
Old 06-24-2008, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL I mean autox and road course... although I have yet to experience a road course here... I have only autoxed here. I have been to VIR and Pocono with the teg, but nothing here.... Actually this should go in another thread, but do you guys ever head out for track days at any nearby tracks? Are there any even remotely close to Houston that aren't an arm and a leg?

And yes, I prefer to use my steering wheel
Old 06-25-2008, 05:42 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Sorry to hear about this. Definitely sounds like you hit some sort of an oil slick or something, unless you were starting to accelerate harder in 1st gear and you hit VTEC, as George pointed out. George knows all about slick patches of pavement...
Old 06-25-2008, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by JonBoy,Jun 25 2008, 05:42 AM
Sorry to hear about this. Definitely sounds like you hit some sort of an oil slick or something, unless you were starting to accelerate harder in 1st gear and you hit VTEC, as George pointed out. George knows all about slick patches of pavement...
Yes. Slick pavement, curbs, and I are close acquaintences. (Thanks Jon. )

Oh, and vtec kicks in at 25mpg in an AP1. (Had to try it out.)

There are several tracks around. A lot of the Houston folks head to Texas World Speedway just south of College Station. There are some others, but I'll let the track junkies chime in on those.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:34 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Geo02S2k,Jun 25 2008, 11:26 AM
Oh, and vtec kicks in at 25mpg in an AP1. (Had to try it out.)
Your S2000 must be special since most AP1s kick in at 25 mph.

A fuel efficiency engagement point is a novel idea and, in all honesty, I think it's a great idea as this car was made to be fun more than anything. If you're getting 25 mpg, you need VTEC to kick in and remind you what it's all about. Honda apparently took that liberty with your car.

(Yes, I know you'll probably ding my doors next time we meet up for lunch.)
Old 06-25-2008, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Chickwithastick,Jun 24 2008, 07:43 PM
LOL I mean autox and road course... although I have yet to experience a road course here... I have only autoxed here. I have been to VIR and Pocono with the teg, but nothing here.... Actually this should go in another thread, but do you guys ever head out for track days at any nearby tracks? Are there any even remotely close to Houston that aren't an arm and a leg?

And yes, I prefer to use my steering wheel
s2kca has a whole bunch of track junkies... but the site is down at the moment.. but i would suggest you take the S out to the real tack than the integra =)
Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 PM

^^ LOL well who would have thought you guys would try to persuade me to track the S2000 over the integra

The thing is, the integra already has all of the goodies, and the S2000 is just too damn expensive for me to mod right now... Also, the integra will now have a salvage title, so I don't feel as bad abusing it or wrecking it (god forbid) on the track.

I definitely would like to take the S2000 out though, even though it's stock. I do believe that to autox a car or track it really helps in your daily driving as well, so you can expect to see me out there soon with BOTH!

I will check s2kca as soon as it is back up and running!

Thanks guys!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by JonBoy,Jun 25 2008, 10:34 AM
Your S2000 must be special since most AP1s kick in at 25 mph.

A fuel efficiency engagement point is a novel idea and, in all honesty, I think it's a great idea as this car was made to be fun more than anything. If you're getting 25 mpg, you need VTEC to kick in and remind you what it's all about. Honda apparently took that liberty with your car.

(Yes, I know you'll probably ding my doors next time we meet up for lunch.)
Yeah, well, you get these kinds of anomalies with hand-built cars.

OP, I have to say that I agree with you about tracking the S. I have done it once and look forward to getting out there again soon. But, I have to admit, I really wish I still had my old Integra to either a) use as a track toy or b) to have as a backup in case something should (heaven forbid) happen to the S on the track.

I'm hoping to get out to a Driver's Edge event at TWS in October. Hope to see you out there.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think if girls get s2000's the VTEC should be removed, it is obviously too much power, as witnessed in this thread.

JK, sorry about the wreck, hope you get it fixed quickly.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Chickwithastick,Jun 25 2008, 02:29 PM
^^ LOL well who would have thought you guys would try to persuade me to track the S2000 over the integra

The thing is, the integra already has all of the goodies, and the S2000 is just too damn expensive for me to mod right now... Also, the integra will now have a salvage title, so I don't feel as bad abusing it or wrecking it (god forbid) on the track.

I definitely would like to take the S2000 out though, even though it's stock. I do believe that to autox a car or track it really helps in your daily driving as well, so you can expect to see me out there soon with BOTH!

I will check s2kca as soon as it is back up and running!

Thanks guys!
i dont think you need to worry if your car is stock or not... the s2000 is a great track car stock... the only things you might change is probably the suspension and breaks over time and as you get used to the car... i say tweak it as you learn more about the car =)
i wish i could go to the track myself but in a way im banned from going even before going for the first time... if you know me im sure you know why

Quick Reply: Yeah... I wrecked it already