Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Yeah... I wrecked it already

Old 06-22-2008, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being a Houston Police Officer and working a ridiculous amount of accidents in this city I can tell you a couple of things: ***I am not sure what department worked your wreck but this is how I do them.

First off let me start by saying at least you are safe and thats what matters you can buy a new car but not a new life. Also it is not stupid to call us to your scene thats what we are there for. You will be surprised how many people on I-45 for example try to change information on the side of the road and get hit by drunk drivers. My partners car was clipped while he was writing a ticket and we have huge flashing lights on our cars.

1st: NO INSURANCE = TICKET NO QUESTIONS... I have seen to many good people get screwed over by others people that don't get insurance this is my niche. If the S2000 was insured at the time you were driving bring the paper in to court and they will dismiss it no questions. I have go to court over this all the time and I sit right next to the judge and watch them dismiss it. However you have to supply me a insurance policy with your name and the vehicle that you are driving when I ask for it and it has to have that little fine print about this "policy provides the minimum standards of insurance to drive in the State of Texas....." (I dont remember all of it). Otherwise ticket, you can argue but if your legit and you do have insurance you will bring it to court and no problems.

2nd: The failure to failure to maintain proper lane is exactly what it states you did not maintain a safe lane and hit the concrete. In our accident report this will will be the cause of your wreck. Accidents happen we know, the judges know, and you will get a defensive driving course if that and be on your way. However we do have to find people at fault and thats why sometimes the citizens hate us but its our job.

-Now for the part about telling you its too much power and so on and making you pick up your drivers license from underneath the vehicle well I cant answer for someone else. Some people are just rude (some officers become rather blunt after a while)but personally I would not make a person picked up something I dropped thats rude I ID all the time when the wind is blowing all crazy. I have been in accidents before and I understand how stressful it is but I wasn't there so I can say anything. From experience no matter how good of a driver you are you will always get in accidents my job for example +40 hours of driving school driving all the time at work and we still hit big yellow school buses you just never know.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:11 AM

wow a police officer in the club!!! ...
Sorry to hear about your car, and its good to hear that your okay....
Old 06-23-2008, 10:26 AM

Thanks for posting Matt! It's always good to hear the other side.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:42 PM

no problem...
Old 06-24-2008, 07:27 AM

man those west u cops can be assholes! i live in that area (holcombe and edloe), and all the cops are dicks....soo stupid... i get pulled over like every week because of my angel eyes, but they dont give me tickets, cause they know my uncle is a lawyer.

All those cops do is give people problems. And when you call them for help, they take forever! They need to stop giving stupid little tickets, and do their job for christ sake!

To everyone else, if you are in that area, ( rice village, west u, southside place, reliant) be careful! They WILL pull you over for going 5 miles over speedlimit. If speed limit it 35, go 30! They LOVE to give tickets to people who have "sport cars"
Old 06-24-2008, 07:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't mess around on Buffalo Speedway

say, did you notice all the posts on Ikon from June were obliterated?! First s2kca goes down, now this
Old 06-24-2008, 10:32 AM

20 mph or so is about when vtec kicks in in 1st gear. On wet, oily pavement, that can be enough to break the back end loose. Glad you're alright. The car can be fixed. (Trust me, I had a similar issue earlier this year.)
Old 06-24-2008, 11:45 AM

Yeah, I have heard now that I am DEFINITELY not the only one this has happened to... it at least makes me feel a little better.

I spoke with the shop today, and there is no frame damage... duh it was at 20mph MAX, there better not be frame damage!! It was only suspension damage and body damage. I was thinking about throwing it on some coilovers, but I think I'm going to just have it replaced with stock for now and use my $ to re-build the integra....

The integra needs some new GC sleeves with ridiculous rates since she's a track whore now. She only has 450 and 350 right now. I have already replaced the jdm itr rear seats, and am working on finding a worthy set of jdm itr fronts again... then new sleeves and she's done... my koni SP3s were left on the car, along with most of my other suspension components including the comptech tie and sway... those thieves were either dumb as shit, or just had no time...

I think it's kinda funny that the S2000 is the daily beater, and the integra is now the track whore... funny how things work out.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that's good news. But you should really track the S2000 to learn how to drive it Once you get used to it, you'll likely want to kick out the rear end and catch the car on purpose
Old 06-24-2008, 02:04 PM

I'm going to track it a few times this year since I won't get 7 events in for an end of year trophy this year with the integra... So the rest of this year I will probably run both the S2000 and Integra, next year it's just the Integra.

Quick Reply: Yeah... I wrecked it already