Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Track Event Sat. Dec. 29th 2001...

Old 12-28-2001, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope to see yall there.
Old 12-29-2001, 04:40 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DSF_S2k
[B]Well... the last time I was there they had these big ****ing concrete blocks scattered everywhere.
Old 12-29-2001, 05:14 PM

ya it was nice until a 6inch rectanlgular rubber piece stripped off from the center line of my tire (pilot sports)
man you s2k's have no body roll at all...all the bmw guys loved how the s2k's performed.
Old 12-29-2001, 08:03 PM

A note for the guys who left early.

Rudy and I switched cars and took to the track. I can't believe how much difference the Kuhmo's make! I took off at least 2 seconds driving Rudy's car! After Dale spun and let Rudy pass, I let him catch up to me and then punched it. Rudy was left in my (his) dust! I guess I'll have to get a set of racing tires soon! Thanks, Rudy. It was great.

Jack
Old 12-29-2001, 09:26 PM

Yes the tires definately make all the difference. They even make a bad driver like myself look good

Roozy, man that sucks. My tires took a beating also, mostly on the right side of the car. I will have to swap them round if we run there again. I gave several people rides and they loved it... of course it always seems faster in the passanger's seat (white knuckles).

Dale

PS - Your not pushing unless your spinnin n sliding
Old 12-30-2001, 06:49 AM

Well, I had a great time and glad to finally put some faces to the names on the board. The track was not all that bad and provided a great fun-factor for just having a good time. I hope to see you folks again at the next Saturday meet.
Old 12-30-2001, 07:08 AM

(apart from the BMW loosing his front skirt )
... And that bad @ss AUDI wide body that busted his front Axil. That was a shame!

seems faster in the passanger's seat
You can say that again! THANK YOU RUDY for showing me what the S2K is really made of! Next time I'll bring my helmet so you cant hear me squealing like a little girl.

Rudy and I switched cars and took to the track. I can't believe how much difference the Kuhmo's make! I took off at least 2 seconds driving Rudy's car!
Jack, I really couldn't believe how well you kept up with Rudy on stock tires (When you took my buddy Jack for a ride). It shows your experience... must have been the gloves (+ 5 Horse Power... right Mark?) I really doesn't surprise me that you shaved 2 seconds off your time in Rudys car. That thing was pulling some serious "Gs", even with all the rocks, wetspots and potholes!

All and all, a really great day. You know, from what I hear it's only around $300 to rent that track. The James Coney Island Sportbike crew only charges $30 for the day. $60 seemed steep, but what fun!!! Thanks supabimer for finally getting the Houstooks out there, I've wanted to do that since day one!
jcisportbikes.com
Old 12-30-2001, 08:49 AM

HEY GUYS!!

I HAD THE MOST FUN EVER!!!! I'm glad you guys came. I thought the S2000 were just going to watch but it turned out they were the ones on the track at the most. In the mid afternoon the S2000s took the track and never got off .

Man yall were tearing up that track i was amazed at how hard yall were taking it!! Im really really glad yall came!!

Oh, Next time we will try and drop the price also (probably $50-$40), were werent expecting the great turnout that we got. THanks for coming guys. Next time i will warn yall more in advance so yall can prepare better and get a better turnout. We will also provide refreshments next time and etc. Hope to see you there at the next one!!!
Old 12-31-2001, 07:34 AM

I totally agree with everything above. It was really great meeting all the other Houston owners, and many, many thanks to Rudy for scaring the sh*t outta me on the track . I still can't get over what the car is capable of. I hope more of these meetings can be arranged, because I'd love to get my car out there next time.

Thanks again!

Paul
Old 12-31-2001, 07:36 AM

Oh yea, btw, what tires was Rudy running????

Quick Reply: Track Event Sat. Dec. 29th 2001...