Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Speeding ticket

Old 09-26-2012, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speeding ticket

Got a ticket today in sante fe on the way home from work. I was in heavy traffic with some tool in a speed3 tailing me and as soon as the road opened up the speed3 passed me hauled ass for a couple seconds then got on the brakes when he saw the cop. Sure enough piggly wiggly proceeds to pull me over and give me a ticket for 88 in a 65. I had my cruise on 77 the whole time. I was in uniform (coast guard) and tried to tell him what the deal really was and he wasn't buying it.

Is there anyway to fight this? I'm positive the reason for pulling me over was the looks of the car, I really just can't afford a $300 dollar ticket on top of $270 a month insurance.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:37 PM

how the hell is your insurance so high if you dont mind me asking?

hire a lawyer. you will probably pay close to 300 for a lawyer, but they will get it dismissed so your insurance wont go up. ive had plenty worse.

good luck
Old 09-26-2012, 03:38 PM

btw search tad nelson. hes in league city and takes care of galveston county. ive used him to many times lol
Old 09-26-2012, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swinky
Got a ticket today in sante fe on the way home from work. I was in heavy traffic with some tool in a speed3 tailing me and as soon as the road opened up the speed3 passed me hauled ass for a couple seconds then got on the brakes when he saw the cop. Sure enough piggly wiggly proceeds to pull me over and give me a ticket for 88 in a 65. I had my cruise on 77 the whole time. I was in uniform (coast guard) and tried to tell him what the deal really was and he wasn't buying it.

Is there anyway to fight this? I'm positive the reason for pulling me over was the looks of the car, I really just can't afford a $300 dollar ticket on top of $270 a month insurance.
was this an undercover cop or just a random LEO? i would just hire a lawyer and let them keep re-scheduling the court date until the officer doesn't show. now this isn't fool proof but, has worked on a majority of my tickets that i was able to get dismissed. i used Sullo&Sullo and so far haven't had a problem.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:49 PM

Insurance is high because I'm 19 and I'm the policy holder. I'll look into a lawyer. I need to call the judge tomorrow and see if I can work with him too though.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:57 PM

And it was a galveston county chevy malibu. He was trying to preech to me about how unsafe my car is and that I should be extra carefull in it.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:31 PM

you wrote that you were wearing a uniform. what you guys all of sudden think you should receive a special treatment from peace officers?
Old 09-30-2012, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by lolwtfbbqjr
you wrote that you were wearing a uniform. what you guys all of sudden think you should receive a special treatment from peace officers?
Don't start trolling if you're planning on attending meets and being active around here.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by swinky
Originally Posted by lolwtfbbqjr' timestamp='1348875103' post='22045529
Don't start trolling if you're planning on attending meets and being active around here.

I'm not going to lie you do tend to get special treatment at times lol. A friend of mine doubled the speed limit once and he ended up with a ticket for going 10 over instead its like da fuuuuu?!?

Anyways best bet is definitely just to get a lawyer. Couple month's ago my case got dismissed for operating an unsafe vehicle, speeding, no license plate front, license plate light too dark. I got two charges dismissed on my own and the speeding and unsafe vehicle charges were dropped with a lawyer. Never even had to show up to court. Cost me 150 all together.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 AM

If I could get out of all this for 150 that would be great. I made some calls on Friday with no luck. This is going to cost me the money I was going to spend on powdercoating my wheels!

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket