Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Raid on Westheimer Saturday Night

Old 08-20-2002, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

isn't it strange how this happens right when their rebuilding westhimer.. what 150 people x $300 tickets.. 450k.. nice. no no.. houstons police aren't shady at all

there are acts of stupidty w/ kids doing burnouts in those store lots.. but damn arrest them.. not innocent by standers just looking at cars or getting food

Old 08-20-2002, 12:11 PM

my bad
"Police on Sunday said 425 people were arrested, but Monday revised the count. Most were charged with criminal trespass."

i guess Mark Aguirre needed a new mansion

quotes from HPD officers:

The Sunday raid "was a complete waste of weeks of work and a huge amount of manpower," said one of the supervisors.
--
"There are all those kids now, who have a criminal record, and don't deserve it," said the other supervisor.
--
"But we got out there, and no one was racing," said one of the supervisors. "So Aguirre just said, `Arrest them all for trespass.'

"It was like, `Kill them all and let God sort them out,' " said the other supervisor. "I guess we're just lucky he didn't order us to fire warning shots into the crowd or anything."
--

"I couldn't believe we were being told to arrest all those kids. It was just utterly, utterly senseless," said one officer involved, who violated department policy by discussing the arrests and spoke on condition of anonymity.

--

"Captain Aguirre was put in charge, and it went to hell in a handbasket," said a police supervisor who was at the scene, also violating department policy and requesting anonymity.

heres the link: http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/show...&threadid=19828
Old 08-20-2002, 11:14 PM

Dude, I didn't hear about this until today. That sucks. I'm gonna protest or send letters to K-Mart and HPD. I gotta do something. I dunno man, I just can't let this slide. We gotta start doing something. Otherwise it's just gonna get worse. Regardless though, the cops will never be able to stop it.

I was just arrested last week 50 yards from my house. I was just south of the Bissonnet and Hwy. 6 interesection. I kid you NOT!! It was Fort Bend. The police reports says I was pulled over for "no front license plate" and "exhibition of acceleration". He got this because I was going under the speed limit driving past an accident scene that had already cleared to the shoulder and then I proceeded to accelerate when passing it. I guess I was supposed to stop and rubberneck. He pulled me over and said he detected some alcohol then arrested me for a DUI. I pointed to my house from the spot on the road where I was pulled over and the bastard still would even let me walk home.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:15 AM
Banned

K mart should be glad to look so busy. Blocking what customers?
Heard this morning Captain Agguire had his car run over by a big rig. Dont know the details. What goes around comes around
Kris
Old 08-21-2002, 10:07 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by R. Randolph
[B]K mart should be glad to look so busy. Blocking what customers?
Heard this morning Captain Agguire
Old 08-21-2002, 10:22 AM

Houston cops have been notorious for DECADES. Way back in the '70s , my brother was arrested for DUI. Admittedly he went to a party and got drunk, but being the good son, he realized his predicament and got in the back seat to sleep it off. Around 3:00 am the HDP, woke him up and pulled him out of the back seat to arrest him for DUI . This was a Friday night, and they didn't let him call home until SUNDAY morning. Needless to say, my family was upset. For all we knew he had been kidnapped from his car (still parked where he left it).

Regards,

Al
Old 08-21-2002, 10:25 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Jshahan

Was he in it?

I think so.......Getting ready this morning, walked by the TV news was on only caught part of it. I'll have to watch tonight to hear the rest of it.

Kris
Old 08-21-2002, 10:43 AM

http://www.click2houston.com/hou/news/stor...821-090849.html
Old 08-21-2002, 10:53 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

By the looks of it, the truck could never have stayed in one lane. I think the cop was not there when the truck started the turn, then the cop moved into the truck driver bindspot.

What sucks is that the truck driver got a ticket for this. I would have never tried to squeze by.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by Wesmaster
Karma bit him in the ass

i really don't understand how they expected to catch drag racers at a parking lot.. if anyone had raced and was on the run.. do you think they'd be chilling at sonic on westhimer

or did they plan on holding everyone there and watching video from street mounted cameras playing wheres Waldo the infamous drag racer

Quick Reply: Raid on Westheimer Saturday Night