Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

More game impressions...

Old 05-26-2004, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i may take u up on that one! hahah next poker night ima be upsturrs!
Old 06-11-2004, 07:34 AM

LONG UPDATE since it's been a while:

true crime for PC:
Just like XBox so far. Fun, but driving is not as easy to me.
I give it the same score as I gave the Xbox version 9/10.

Rise to Honor (PS2): at first I thought...eh, ok game. Played it all the way through and after learning to fight so it looks cool, I thoguht it was a cool game. Combat system takes a while to get used to, but once you learn to block/dogde, and counter, it's fun when multiple enemies come at you at one time instead of just waiting their turn. a strong 8/10.

ninja gaiden (Xbox): wow. fun game. tough, but fun. I'm near the end and just can't seem to beat it yet. i highly recommend this game. great weapons, graphics, errthing. 9.5/10

final fantasy crystal chronicles (gamecube) : it's shit. i didn't like it at all. busted ass game. 2/10.

mario kart (GC): funnn ass game with 4 people. old school mario kart with a twist. You have two people to control. one on the car, one on the back to throw things. you switch on the fly. great fun. 9.5/10

dead to rights (PC): great game on ps2, and it's fun on PC too. seems the same. pressing the mouse buttons to lift weights kind of weird, but when shooting accuracy was crucial, PC version is much easier. I just find it easier to aim with mouse, rather than analog stick. 8.5/10. I hear a sequel is in the works.

rise of nations expansion pack (PC): not bad, doesn't seem like MUCH difference. Still a solid game. 7.5/10

The Chronicle of Riddick, Escape from Butcher Bay (XBox): i dont' liek the 1st person view, I think this game should have been done in 3rd person. but it's still fun. you start out with jack snit and cause riots kill snit. you can crouch into a stealth mode and everything turns blue if you are hidden. Kind of like his eyes lighting up I guess. his voice is actually pretty cool in the game...it's the character. so far so good, but it's still early so I'll be cautious on the rating 7.5/10.

dungeon siege Legends of arrania or something liek that (PC): fun, just new armor, weapon sets like diablo 2. still fun. 7.5/10

Far Cry (PC): ... great game. set on a tropical island with a bunch of shrubbery. pretty smart AI. looks outstanding. well worth playing. 9.5/10

Splinter Cell: pandora tomorrow (PC): yet another great game. same idea as original, new story, some new moves. i love sneakin around. 9/10

Hitman Contracts (PC): was shaping up to be an AWESOME game. but hten the last few missions are old ones from the first. still crazy fun game. so many ways to complete a mission. 9/10

Lord of the Realm III (PC): suck. boring. more complicated than it needed to be. 2/10.

Champions of Norrath (PS2): Pretty cool RPG, would be better on PC though for mroe flexability. 7.5/10

I probably left out a few, probably b/c they weren't worth playing.

T
Old 06-11-2004, 11:14 PM

rise of nations expansion pack (PC): not bad, doesn't seem like MUCH difference. Still a solid game. 7.5/10

RoN ..I like this game... fun to play against others. I give it an 8.2/10

Dale
Old 06-11-2004, 11:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EssTooKayTD
Old 06-12-2004, 07:20 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AP1_rock
Old 07-27-2004, 10:54 AM

here we go again...

Tales of Symphonia (GC) - RPG with a cellshaded look. so far so good. Cool game, solid RPG. real time fighting system, so that's a plus. Not FF level RPG, but it does just fine.
8/10

Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 (PS2) - not as easy to pick up as top spin on the xbox. more timing is needed, and you don't have to play full matches. you just play crucial "turning point" points/games which also have objectives like hit 2 aces in a game. very fun and has good authentic players and grandslam tourneys in it.
9.5/10

Full Spectrum Warrior (XBox) - tactical squad based combat game. it's not what you think of when you think of taking full control of your people. You are more or less a commander, giving orders to two 4-man teams (sometimes 3) and use strategy to flank enemies and such. I personally really liked the game, but too short.
9.5/10
Old 07-27-2004, 10:56 AM

i need to find some solid pc games to play
Old 07-28-2004, 07:21 AM

I need to get my pc up and running solid!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:57 AM

still down? damn dude, what you need? remember, we can use the company's funds to do it since you use it for business too...at least I think so.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:57 PM

i just picked up smash court tennis, also ... awesome game, somewhat easy learning curve ... but tom's right, it's not as easy as top spin. the one that that's bugging me so far, is that when you adjust stats upwards, others decrease. but on the other hand, it makes it kinda cool ... it's like real life, if you spend too much time focused training 1 area, your other areas will deteriorate.

Quick Reply: More game impressions...