Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

More game impressions...

Old 10-17-2003, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More game impressions...

Max Payne PC (not sure about consoles):
Just played this game last night. Defintely cool. Similar to the first with some slight differences. First obvious one is the graphics and overall style is bumped up a notch. A lot of the game looks familiar, but there is a new physics engine in this one. Character models are much better. Only bad thing, it's short. slight difference with bullet time. If the guage turns yellow, you move at almost real time to you as everyone else is slow. BAsically, pull a matrix like the Agents.

This game gets a big thumbs up from me. 9.5/10

Desert Storm II on XBox (also on PC and other platforms I believe):
really cool game. Squad based combat based on, guess what, desert storm. you can be the us special forces or SAS. game is basically same with either squad. You can play up to 4 people simultaneously. Not much to be said, just fun to play.

Fun. 8.5/10

Viewtiful Joe (GC):
I haven't gotten to play this, but it's sitting in my room. I need to get my Gamecube from Chris's house first. Looks outstanding though...will be back to give my comments on this one.

Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes (XBox):
Dungeons and Dragons based game similiar to a diablo style. Only 4 characters to choose from. OK game.

Ehhh... 7/10

dat iz it for now.

Tom
Old 10-17-2003, 11:18 PM

Wow, reading what you wrote makes me wanna go play Halo for some reason.. it's been so long so I've stopped playing video games.. I kinda miss it. Wish I had time.. =(
Old 10-19-2003, 08:05 PM

there is a new max payne? hmmmmm
Old 10-19-2003, 09:33 PM

I'm playing Max Payne 2 for PC

-Trung
Old 10-20-2003, 05:29 AM

max payne 2 is the shiznit, it's like watching a movie 0_o

-Liz
Old 10-20-2003, 06:04 AM

Max Payne 2 is a cool game. As I said, it's short, but the difficulty level is about right. It auto-adjusts to whether you suck or kill too much. things like how many pain killers are around.

The coolest addition is during bullet time mode, if you reload, he does this spin like move similar to Chow Yun Fat in Replacement Killers...pretty damn playa. They cuss up a storm and you get to tap the female lead in the game, HAHHAHAHA you are interrupted though. I think it was just dry humpin though, HAHAHAHAH

Liz: yeah, that's my one gripe, too much like watching a movie sometimes in the sense you are sitting there watching the story instead of playing the game. It's not too much story, so it's all good. Really fun game.

Finally got to play Viewtiful Joe on GC:

Doood, really cool and stylish game. It's a side-scrolling cell-shaded, fun-ass game. You are this dude that becomes a "super hero" it's so cheesy it's funny. You gain powers like being able to slow down time (becoming common no?) but it's a cool effect in this game. You can also move super fast among other things. Capcom does it again with a new style of game.

I likes. 9/10

Tom
Old 10-20-2003, 06:07 AM

Originally posted by Shibby
Wow, reading what you wrote makes me wanna go play Halo for some reason.. it's been so long so I've stopped playing video games.. I kinda miss it. Wish I had time.. =(
hehehe, i don't think I'll ever stop playing. Halo2 man...can't wait for that junk! There is a leaked Half Life 2 beta. I have't gotten it yet, but I hear it is outstanding. Look forward to that "review" when I get my hands on it.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should start your own website cuz... for game reviews and isht.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:41 AM

too much competition for dat isht mang. Gamespot.com is where i go. Sometimes they point out things I didn't even notice. Not ot mention, if it did blow up, big if, maintenance and updates would be killa! it'd be fun tho that's for sure.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:15 AM

www.gamefaqs.com is good too

Quick Reply: More game impressions...