Houston rockets

Old 04-22-2008, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston rockets

you guys think that they will take it?

Spurs will.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd give the edge to the Lakers over Spurs, but either way, Celtics will destroy either
Old 04-22-2008, 08:10 AM

sure tom. Parker and Manu own everything

Poor rockets... Get no love from Houston
Old 04-22-2008, 08:19 AM

They get more love if Yao Ming wasn't out. They probably could've done better if Rafer Alston wasn't out of commission. It's basically the same scenario as last year: too many injuries.

Who knows, they might turn on the heat and destroy the Jazz and advance. But realistically, I don't see them going to the Finals.

And Tony Parker can kiss my ass I think the Celtics are the team to beat and that's who I'm rooting for (unless the Rockets miraculously make it all the way).
Old 04-22-2008, 08:35 AM

He he he. Duncan is badass... You have to admit
Old 04-22-2008, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's probably going to be the celtics and lakers in the finals. Rockets are a disappointment. We have two superstar that are injury prone.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by txs2knoah,Apr 22 2008, 10:35 AM
He he he. Duncan is badass... You have to admit
Duncan is good. But basketball is a team sport and while the Spurs are a very good team, I think Celtics are better.

Houston is a bandwagon type of town unfortunately. Some cities have many die-hard ardent fans even if their team is in last place (Boston/New England a few years back come to mind when they both sucked). Here, everybody was on the bandwagon when the Rockets were on that amazing streak, and then as soon as the streak ended, everybody got off the wagon. I don't think you see that in Dallas or San Antonio. Dunno what it is about Houston. You would think Rockets winning back-to-back NBA finals or the Astros going to the World Series would change that.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by medicalstudent,Apr 22 2008, 11:05 AM
Duncan is good. But basketball is a team sport and while the Spurs are a very good team, I think Celtics are better.

Houston is a bandwagon type of town unfortunately. Some cities have many die-hard ardent fans even if their team is in last place (Boston/New England a few years back come to mind when they both sucked). Here, everybody was on the bandwagon when the Rockets were on that amazing streak, and then as soon as the streak ended, everybody got off the wagon. I don't think you see that in Dallas or San Antonio. Dunno what it is about Houston. You would think Rockets winning back-to-back NBA finals or the Astros going to the World Series would change that.
Consistent play and plagued with injuries. McGrady is the defensive matchup and no one is really stepping up. You can see how fatigued he's been the past two games in the fourth quarter. These teams we are mentioning all have multiple superstars who can get it done as well. This is the reason the rockets won't make it far in the playoffs. I give LA the edge over the celtics because they don't have a player like Kobe Bryant. He has that killer instinct and supporting class is pretty darn good.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:41 PM

if the rockets loose id want utah to go all the way, im tired of seeing SA and LA as champs, i agree with tom, i was impressed in the preseason how the rockets played and watched them any chance i got... as the streak started i tried to watch every game i could but then school got busy when the streak ended, thus so did my watching time =\ , i really hope they can pull it off at utah's major home court advantage... if not this was a really great season the rockets played and i am really impressed in what they managed to pull!

ps, i do believe utah was able to beat the celtics after the rockets lost to them =) so if we loose ... id hate to say this.. but maybe utah could pull it all the way
Old 04-22-2008, 04:44 PM

if the rockets play like the way people drive in h-town.

then, .....

they are pretty much going under

Quick Reply: Houston rockets