Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Hondata Install Instructions

Old 04-25-2004, 08:47 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.s2000.org/mods/insulator/

That is the install instructions for the Hondata Intake gasket by Marcucci, for anyone who wants to install it themselves now. In able to put everything back together without problems and leaks, you'll need to purchase these two washers/dampers, as Joe had mentioned to me about this yesterday.

Part# Description
185567 W Gasket, Muffler
212842 W washer (12mm) - fuel injector washers
Honda Genuine Coolant

Good luck and happy installation
Old 04-25-2004, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know it goes, oh wise-one!
Old 04-25-2004, 05:38 PM

Actually, I haven't touched it since. Weather sucked so I put it off till tomorrow. I need the washers and another gallon of anit-freeze anyway. I'm just hoping they'll have the things in stock, knowing those guys...it'll be back ordered for a week Thanks for the reminder Joe, I would've put errythang back together without knowing the new washers were needed, you saved me alotta time
Old 04-25-2004, 05:48 PM

Glad I could help.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:55 PM

OK Update, take a deep breath before you read this post.

I am typing this thread with hand thats have numerous NUMEROUS cuts and scrapes. I'm sore and my knees feel like they've blown out. My install was a diaster. I'm still not done and the manifold has not left the head. I spent 3 hours trying to remove the manifold without luck. The position of the lower bolts take a lot of manuevering to get to. I have one bolt left in which I will tackle tomorrow. With the limited space that we have to work with, this install is VERY VERY tedious... If you guys do decide to have a tech day, I will only guide you guys and cannot help one on one very much. Maybe because I'm having a bad day (nothing has gone right so far, I've dropped 10+ bolts and tools and all sorts of things) or maybe I'm just disappointed with myself, I don't think I'll ever perform this install again with the head/motor ON the car . If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask...these bleeding hands will answer
Old 04-26-2004, 07:46 PM

Will you do it for $$$?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:47 PM

As of right now, I might have to even turn that down... Tomorrow might change my mind if things go better. I gotta wake up early and fish out 2 bolts and a socket somewhere in the engine bay...
Old 04-26-2004, 07:48 PM

I'm definately going to be wearing extra thick gloves as well...

One more thing, the first washer/gasket I listed above that are needed for installation will most likely be special ordered. They don't usually stock that part in the parts dept, the second washer they'll prolly have.

Here are the Honda numbers:

16705-PD1-003 - Gasket, Muffler
90428-PD6-003 - Washer (12mm)

Both numbers are the same, but the numbers I just listed will make it easier for the parts guy to search them up.

I'f you're wondering what these go to, they are the top and bottom washers of that clearish mushroom thing above the fuel rail .
Old 04-26-2004, 08:01 PM

Good luck and thanks for pioneering the HouStook effort.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:53 PM

UPDATE

Gasket has now been installed and everything on my car has been put back together. Never am I ever so happy to see my motor in one piece. All I need to do now is fill the rad with coolant and check for fuel leaks and the car is good to go. Putting everything back together was much easier, since I knew the "tricks". All in all it was a difficult task but nothing I couldn't handle. I am very glad that I chose to do this on my own, it allowed me to explore a lil more about our car . Will update tomorrow and impressions of the gasket.

Quick Reply: Hondata Install Instructions