Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Good Body shop in Houston??

Old 11-08-2001, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dsf_s2k,

you should try malone's paint and body, 281-469-6464. ask for rusty and mention that a vietnamese guy with a s2000 sent you. they do excellent work ... so good that i'm bringing my sister's prelude in for some work this coming friday. i have used them twice now and was referred to them by a dealership who actually had its own body shop. the manager's exact words were " if i had an s2000, i'd take it to malone's."

good luck,
fish
Old 11-12-2001, 09:38 AM

I had some damage to my car on the driver's side.
Took it to Sunrise Paint and Body. They matched the paint very well and made the repairs flawlessly.

I recommend them.

I wouldn't recommend taking it to a Honda dealership.

I hear River Oaks paint and body is good too.
Old 11-24-2001, 07:55 AM

Unfortunately I do not operate John Eagle Collision but it is a "Sister" dealership and body shop of mine. If anyone has a problem with the JE body shop contact John Kerridge who is the owner/operator at JE collision/Acura. These guys have done some pretty exceptional work on S2000's and are fully capable of doing great work. I also agree with one post that Malone's Paint and Body is exceptional. I know Tom Malone, Rusty and the the rest of the group over there. They are the Port Repair Shop for American Hondas port damage......that says alot!
Good luck.....drive safely and stay out of gas stations!
Mac
John Eagle Honda
Old 11-24-2001, 10:17 AM

Hey Mac,

Once the suspension gets done over at JEH, It will be going into Malone's.

UPDATE:

After dealing with the other guy's insurance, He has basically refused to fill out any paper work that his insurance co. has send him. Therfore, they are refusing to pay any damages. So, I had to go through my insurance co. and fork out another $250 deductable. I just can't understand the way insurance co. work here, and Im still trying to figure out what the purpose of having liablility insurance if you can deny or not fill out any paper work and you are off free. Texas Law need's to do somthing about this, this is the second time I have had to pay my deductable.

Dale
Old 11-24-2001, 02:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DSF_S2k
[B]
UPDATE:

After dealing with the other guy's insurance, He has basically refused to fill out any paper work that his insurance co. has send him.
Old 11-24-2001, 04:28 PM

Dale,
That deal with the insurance company refusing to pay due to the insured not filling out paperwork is not right. Unfortunately, we deal with insurance companies on a daily basis and I can tell you that the last thing an insurance company wants is the liability hanging around. Quick settlement is the key to no liability and future money disbursements. One of 2 ways to deal with this....
Call the insurance company and tell them that if they do not open a file you are contacting an attorney. They must open something since the liability is obviously in their court. If all else fails then contact your insurance company and ask them to go to bat for you. They too have the responsibility to make the other insurance company pay up if the liability is found to be with the other insured. Major hassle and sorry you are going through it..... I will be happy to help if at all possible. You will be surprised what can and will happen when you begin to pressure the other insurance company..... Dont stand still! Go after them!
Good luck and we appreciate your patronage!
Mac
Old 11-24-2001, 07:35 PM

Thank's for the support. It's just frustrating waiting around 3 weeks for their insurance to get off their a$$. And then turning around and telling me they can't pay because he refused to fill out the paper work. Im just biting the bullet on this one and going through my insurance co. (hence the $250 deductable). I'll let them deal with the other guy, they have more money & time (and good lawyers) than I do. Im still fighting my insurance co. for two new tires. Apparently one tire was gouged pretty bad, and they are only going to replace that one (front). I have explained to them that that would be fine on any other vehicle because I could rotate the tires out... except I cannot do that on this car. We will see where this goes in the next week.

Dale

PS - I just want my car back like it was.
Old 11-24-2001, 08:03 PM

Let me know if you want a letter concerning the 1 tire deal...... Getting a Honda dealer to write the letter may help. They will buy 2.....Good Luck!
Old 11-30-2001, 08:30 AM

Well... they are only going to pay for one tire after all. The quote for the tire was retail, so I was able to buy 2 tires from tire rack for an additional $50. So I am out of pocket apporx. $300 (+$250 deductable). Now Im trying to get a diminished value claim going... here is the messed up texas law. Apparently, If I went through their insurance company, I would be able to claim for "Diminished value". However, since I am going through my insurance company, and the other party has insurance (but are refusing to pay)... I cannot claim "Diminished Value". In my books, diminished value is diminished value... end of story, regardles of what the circumstances are. I am contacting an attorney to go after either the guy that hit me or their insurance company. Probably the latter, as trying to get money out of someone who doesn't have any is a lost cause. Interesting enough, I still may be able to claim DV on my previous incident through my insurance co. This whole thing is totally confusing to me, as I don't know the in's and out's of the law and procedures. Don't worry, I will be an "expert" by the time this is over.

Dale
aka - Lawyer in Practice
Old 11-30-2001, 11:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm I'm interested to know what the lawyer has to say on this.

is there any differnce in this and hit and run? If you can find out where he lives, why can't you go with their insurance company to his door? =) never know what they *might* or might not do depending on the cost of the repairs to save some dollars.