Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Good Body shop in Houston??

Old 11-04-2001, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Body shop in Houston??

As some of you probably know, I got hit again last night. This will be the second time I have been hit in a gas station. I am looking for a top notch body shop. I took it last time to JEH Collision and they just suck big time. So if you know a really good body shop, just post here.

After Sondra's accident, Im beggining to think that the Red S2k's are attracted to accidents. I think im going to get a big bull's eye painted on the side of my car next time.

Dale
Old 11-04-2001, 12:05 PM

Sorry about your mishap. I hope you didn't get hurt.

I would take it to Sunrise Paint Shop. I've seen two examples of their work, and I would highly recommend them.
Old 11-04-2001, 03:10 PM

I would do this depending on the situation.

See how much you get from insurance then go out and scour to see which paint shop is going to charge the most to do the job. Normally the most means normally they'll be using expensive tools and products. Then of course get their credentials, see how they'll do your car, see if they know a thing about painting. If they don't then get invoice and leave. This should be the best choice in using just insurance to pay it off.

If ur planning to cough up ur own cash along with insurance, then I would recommend you calling up some honda dealerships and ask them who they recommend to do the paint job. Normally they get the best people to do their job. It will be a bit higher then normal but it helps. Of course put everything in consideration.

I guess that's about it. Just make sure you tell them to take their time when doing the job. If it takes them 3 days extra by god say to them so be it. If they are in any way rushing they'll usually **** up. Get everything written out so they don't **** you in the end.

Uhhhhh does this make anysense?????? My mom got in a minor accident a couple years, and she was so busy that i did the the scouring for the place, we took it to this one vietnamese place that charged us very little, but did a great job. I forgot the name i'll get it for you if my parents still remember.

Dale will not be embarked on a long and stressful journey, may the force be with you
Old 11-04-2001, 04:02 PM

Thanks guys, I was fine. Was trying to get gas at the pump, when this guy in a Honda prelude decided he wanted to get gas also. So he tried to do what mark and wes are famous for... race in reverse I was just stunned that this guy didn't even look in his rear view mirror or check behind him.

The main problem is that there is also suspension damage, I was kind of clued in when the front wheel was hanging off So I was planning on getting that fixed at JEH and the body somewhere else. Unfortunately my front rim now has a nice little chunk missing from it. I hear a new set of rims coming on Anybody know how much one Honda OEM rim costs? Well wish me luck... I think I am beginning to be a pro at this whole insurance thing... oh and the crash up derby thing too.

Dale
Old 11-04-2001, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by DSF_S2k
...Well wish me luck...
good luck.
Old 11-04-2001, 06:50 PM

Haha LOL dale seems to take it very calm...No idea about how much it will cost. Say 400 easily or more.
Old 11-04-2001, 06:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dale - that just blows, especially since you were probably stationary, right? Just about to pump gas or did you finish filling up?

Wheels - from Trevor / TAllen at www.honda-accessories.com

list: $435.45 front / each plus shipping
Trevor's price: $295.98 + shipping

list: $436.45 rear / each plus shipping
Trevor's price: $$314.24 + shipping
Old 11-04-2001, 09:26 PM

LOL koo i think i'll make my civic look s2000 ish j/k
Old 11-08-2001, 01:08 PM

hi dale there is one on highway 6 north ..they did a good job on one of my girlfriend's car, go on highway six you just cannot miss them..
Old 11-08-2001, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Tonywil67
hi dale there is one on highway 6 north ..they did a good job on one of my girlfriend's car, go on highway six you just cannot miss them..
Just to let you know HWY 6 runs extremely far dude. You can drive on HW6 for about 1-2 hours easily with all the lights.

Quick Reply: Good Body shop in Houston??