Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

check this out and give me info

Old 05-13-2009, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zachismisitok,May 13 2009, 11:00 AM
yah, I dont know- If your only looking to spend 8.5k, are you really in a financial situation where you should be buying 2 seater?

Im not trying to sound like big brother here- just giving you some food for thought. I've always been taught to take care of business (aka, a good dd) then have fun (s2k)
i completely agree, but as ive explained before to some people on the houston board. im 17, live at home. with a job.. while i know buying a car is a big purchase, i still have my limits.
im starting Blinn next semester, so extra expenses arent really there. and before i get the whole move out of the house thing, it just seems like something that wont happen for a while, my brother is a junior at A&M and still at home, out of choice,

im one of those people that say, if im going to buy something, im going to buy what I want. instead of what i should get.
the price was looking good, but most of you say to skip. so ill probably end up skipping it.

its a hard search, since GPW is my main choice, and i know if get something else ill be "settling."

now i may get flamed for being 17..atleast it would be like that in the OT. but im not one your typical "stupid driver" teens.
ill be paying for the car, insurance goes to the rents. i know alot of people on here, always say wait till you move out on your own and take all the expenses.
but the opportunity is here, so why not take it.

sorry for the bad spelling, grammar whatever. im not one to go through my online posts and do editing :]
wow, this came out longer then expected. sorry.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:12 PM

the teenager stereotype sucs for teens

I just got out of school last year so i feel I can still slightly relate. I lived on campus my first year without a car. The next summer, however, I got into a mazda3. It was one of the best decisions of my life to be honest. plenty room for moving (you WILL use this)

whatever you do, just work hard and people cant say shit about that

and talk your parents into co signing with you, and get something you can finance- that way you can build your credit without a really shitty interest rate
Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 PM

yeah im basically in need of a car (Thats dependable, my 635csi breaks down WAY to much) my commute is like 20 min everyday from home to campus.
since Blinn doesnt exactly have a "campus" compared to A&M i cant exactly live on campus even if i wanted to.

i was going to try and make it into U of H or just do a transfer program to A&M.
so it would probably be a smarter idea to get something bigger heh?
i just dont want to lose that sporty feel, and thats what makes the four door search so hard.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:30 PM

man, i understand that want for a small fast car 10x over. but if you make smart financial decisions now, you'll be drivin an even better car in the future
Old 05-14-2009, 04:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Agreed...though I know it sucks to listen to that advice at your age.

I drove a POS 1992 Dodge truck from 16-22. I hated it, but it kept my expenses low throughout college and allowed me to get out with no loans.

If you had $20k available for a S2000 that will reliable, then it would be a bit different. You just don't want to invest $10k into a questionable one when that amount of money would be better put towards a newer, lower-mileage practical car.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vince makes a valid point. After all, cars are a depreciating asset.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:12 AM

i understand what you are getting at.

then was suggestions do you have as to what car i should get.
my main thing is the sporty feel.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by AutoSid,May 14 2009, 11:12 AM
i understand what you are getting at.

then was suggestions do you have as to what car i should get.
my main thing is the sporty feel.
To be honest, at 17/18, I was driving a honda accord to get to and from school. Just something reliable . Trust me, you are better off in the future until you make good money. I know its hard to comprehend now because I wanted something sporty when I was that age too. My recommendation is a 5000 cash car like a honda accord or toyota camry. Drive that until you finish school, then pic up whatever you want afterwards.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:07 AM

Unless, of course, you find a BB S2k for 8k...

Old 05-14-2009, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by tlogic,May 14 2009, 12:07 PM
Unless, of course, you find a BB S2k for 8k...

That goes back to originally the problem was. Something in that price range is usually ragged to hell and needs work. He's still in school and needs to pay for all of that stuff.

Quick Reply: check this out and give me info