Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Brake problems

Old 06-23-2009, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake problems

Hey guys..i changed my brake pads a week ago and after a long track day the brakes feel really weak like no matter how hard i brake my brakes will still not engage to ABS..i asked around if its the worn out pads and i was told its the brake master cylinder failing...but if that was the case then shouldn't it be leakin air or something?? my brake fluid is still clear it doesn't seem to have contaminants..i am kind of freaking out because if it is the master cylinder then my brakes will fail any minute...Any advice would be appreciated...
Old 06-23-2009, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you change the pads ?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:05 PM

It's my understanding that if you bleed our breaks incorrectly, it will damage the master cylinder

so Im with god, how did you change/bleed?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:12 PM

Well i dunno how to explain it...a friend helped me with it..i was pumping brakes and then i would hold it all the way down..and he would close the valve..we did that for all four sides...so what is considered wrong??
Old 06-23-2009, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by godmachine,Jun 23 2009, 07:28 PM
How did you change the pads ?
I changed the pads by just taking off the tires removing the cylinder or i dunno what its exactly called to remove the "PAD HOLDER" put the new pads in tightened the screws and bled the lines and kept adding fluid after each bleeding..the brakes were totally fine till i hit the track..so i dunno what to do next..i was thinking about taking it somewhere where they can do a pressure test for me..
Old 06-23-2009, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ali_houston,Jun 23 2009, 11:12 PM
Well i dunno how to explain it...a friend helped me with it..i was pumping brakes and then i would hold it all the way down..and he would close the valve..we did that for all four sides...so what is considered wrong??
I bet your cylinder is going
Old 06-24-2009, 05:29 AM

yah, I think they said your not supposed to bleed to brakes like that at the tech day (not supposed to pump and then hold down)

I will see if I can find anything on it
Old 06-24-2009, 05:59 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by zachismisitok,Jun 24 2009, 08:29 AM
yah, I think they said your not supposed to bleed to brakes like that at the tech day (not supposed to pump and then hold down)

I will see if I can find anything on it
Bleading by pumping or sucking is all the same. Master Cylinder should not be the problem from bleeding the brakes. that does not mean it is not your problem, just that bleading them the way you did could not have damaged it.

Now my first question is why did you bleed the brakes in the first place? Did you open one of the brake lines?

When did this problem start? Before or after your track event?
Old 06-24-2009, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Stratocaster,Jun 24 2009, 05:59 AM
Bleading by pumping or sucking is all the same. Master Cylinder should not be the problem from bleeding the brakes. that does not mean it is not your problem, just that bleading them the way you did could not have damaged it.

Now my first question is why did you bleed the brakes in the first place? Did you open one of the brake lines?

When did this problem start? Before or after your track event?
i dont remember exactly what was said, was it maybe that your supposed to pump it a few times before opening the valve, and don't go all the way to the ground with the brake pedal?
Old 06-24-2009, 06:47 AM

I bled my brakes by pumping then holding while someone adjusted the valve. Car has been fine for the past 5 or 6k. Initially used the sucking mechanism but didn't go too well.

Quick Reply: Brake problems