Texas - Houston S2000 Owners Greater Houston Area S2000 Owners

Battery Replaceent

Old 07-16-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Replaceent

My recently purchased '91 is needing a battery as it is slow to crank and I don't want to be left stranded somewhere (like 40 miles away from home at work). How can I replace it without losing the radio? No idea what the code is or how to redo it when the battery is replaced. Is this a take-it-to-the-dealer job (I hate to overpay for a battery). Help someone?

mike
Old 07-17-2006, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ragtopguy,Jul 16 2006, 09:55 PM
My recently purchased '91 is needing a battery as it is slow to crank and I don't want to be left stranded somewhere (like 40 miles away from home at work). How can I replace it without losing the radio? No idea what the code is or how to redo it when the battery is replaced. Is this a take-it-to-the-dealer job (I hate to overpay for a battery). Help someone?

mike
Best thing to do is call any Honda Dealership ask them for your radio code. Then replace your battery. Make sure you have VIN available to give to them. They MAY not give you the code over the phone, so you might have to go into the dealership and do this for security reasons.

-Trung
Old 07-17-2006, 01:39 PM

honda charges $70 or so to give you your radio code...thast what i heard
Old 07-18-2006, 07:35 PM

Correct, only it's $97.50. They pull the radio adn then give you the code based on the radio's serial number. Heck with that.

Not all that wowed by the stock radio and now looking seriously for a decent replacement. Not a bigtime audiophile here. I drive 45 minutes to work and want to listen with the top down (99% of the time).

Need some help here. Who do I go to on the west side who really knows radios? I want a replacement, at lest some rear speakers (and maybe the pods), but definately want somethign that will use the stock controls on the dash. Can someone either help, make suggestions, or hook me up with someone who won't try to overdo me? COuld sure use some help here.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:46 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Ragtopguy

I have an older Alpine with a dash control interface (so the stock controls will still work) that I need to sell. The installation will be a straight swap.
  • Alpine CDA-7894 w/remote
  • Modify DCI
  • Wiring harness preconnected
  • Radio Bezel w/ DCI IR LED already mounted (custom)

So if you are interested, shoot me an e-mail. Oh, I an in the NW Side of town (290 and 6)
Old 07-18-2006, 08:33 PM

7894 -- that's the US equivalent of the model that I have (only that I don't need that DCI contraption and can actually use an original Alpine controller ). Good unit. Get some rear speakers from Lucid and you're set without paying an arm and a leg.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:54 AM

Stratocaster - Can't get the email to go to you. Want to know mre about the radio for certain.

Did get the stoker put back together. Super easy remove and got all the data off the back of it. Called McDavid and the service desk guy gave me the code. Worked fine, so I'm back with the stock radio.

Stratocaster - email me, please and let's talk. Likely going to add the lucent rears and may be a good idea to upgrade the radio. Gota keep the dash controls is all.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:23 PM

audio tech on west belfort....the guy is down to earth and has great prices, will even give you ideas on what you can do....im planning on getting 1 10inch sub (dont want the trunk to rattle too much) and replaceing the stock speakers inside
Old 07-19-2006, 04:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gutter,Jul 17 2006, 03:39 PM
honda charges $70 or so to give you your radio code...thast what i heard
that's complete crap. I've gotten my radio codes over the phone for free at JEH. If you look in the glove compartment, look inside the compartment door for a sticker with serial number on it. That's the radio code (at least in my 2002 car it was).
Old 07-21-2006, 12:29 PM

Anyone have their stock radio they swapped out and aren't using? Later model, like an '04 or '05, maybe (mine is a '2001)? Lucent guys tell me there is considerably more output there and if you have a stocker that has been replaced and is taking up space somewhere, pm me. Not a lot of bucks here at the moment. Let's talk. Think I'm going to replace the head with a later one (if I can find one reasonable) and replace the front speakers and add rear ones. Current setup is bad overall.

Quick Reply: Battery Replaceent