Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

When are you having your next Happy Hour?

Old 06-05-2002, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When are you having your next Happy Hour?

I've been lurking here for a while now, and now that I'm done with school I finally have some time to meet all fo you - also I need a ride in someone's s2000 - haven't had the pleasure yet.

I've been dreaming about getting one of these for a while. I thought I would have graduated from the MBA program with a job and I'd be ready to order my s2000, but as luck would have it, I'm still unemployed, looking for a job, and still driving the same POS '89 Accord! Anyway, since it looks like I might be leaving town soon (more jobs elsewhere) and since I've read so many stories and comments from all of you, I would be certainly be interested in joining you at your next happy hour - when will be the next one?

Thanks,

Guillermo
Old 06-06-2002, 07:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guillermo, I'm not sure when the next happy hour will happen, since I'm usually the one to plan it and the next couple of Fridays are booked to other things.

Come on guys, someone else plan one!
Old 06-06-2002, 10:23 AM
Banned

Where's the BS flag?

You've just planned like the last two or so. There was a two or three month period where you didn't show up at all, much less "plan" one!

Blake
Old 06-06-2002, 11:56 AM

Really, Blake?

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=65037
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=56863
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=59879
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=57014
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=55093

Five in the last 6 weeks were my planning, and there have been others that I didn't announce on the board (i.e. last Friday night).

How's that foot taste?

Now back to the topic: does anyone else want to plan a happy hour so that Guillermo can meet everyone and get to go out in an S?
Old 06-06-2002, 01:07 PM
Banned

Still, that does not mean you usually are the one planning them. Just cause you planned 5 of the last 6 does not mean you didn't go for like a 3 month absence from the entire scene.

Blake
Old 06-06-2002, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by infinitebass
...a 3 month absence from the entire scene.
I think not... I wasn't at the local stuff because I was at: Laguna Seca, an owner's outing to the Chicago Auto Show, and the Outer Banks Run in North Carolina. Am I excused???
Old 06-06-2002, 04:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to most of them over the past 6 months and I haven't noticed any "3 month absence".

I talked to a couple of people before replying to this post. It
Old 06-06-2002, 04:54 PM

Knowing both of these people quite well, I think I can safely say that Blake was (mostly) kidding and certainly didn't mean for his words to be an attack. I can't say for sure, but I don't think he means harm.

Further, while I recognize that Sondra does many things for the Austin S2000 group and S2000 owners nationwide, it's dubious to claim that she organizes almost all of the events. I distinctly recall making several HH suggestions over the past few months. Jimmy tried to set up a trip to Bluebonnet Cafe. Kirk is setting up a drive-in movie event. Sondra is usually involved in planning and obviously sets up a large number of events and gatherings, and I appreciate her hard work as much as anyone, but posts in this thread almost suggest that the rest of us sit around and do nothing.

As for the posts on the board degrading.. it's an unfortunate but inevitable effect of popularity. The number of posters grows by the day, and automotive performance has always attracted a certain crowd of egotistical people who, armed with blissful ignorance of factual knowledge, set out to attack anyone and everyone on any subject. S2ki.com has managed to stay a cut above the average car forum, but no board is immune from this sort of activity.

Matt
Old 06-06-2002, 05:46 PM

Ok, ok, enough....

Blake, bite me, and then pay me rent

Jeff and Matt, thanks for standing up for me. It feels good to see that my efforts are noticed!

I'll try to put a happy hour together for a weeknight next week. Sheesh!
Old 06-06-2002, 06:01 PM
Banned

Jeff, I apologize that you feel this way. But, you must understand, I am not an idiot. I live with Sondra. Even if there was something I felt I could personally attack her for, I would not. Why the hell would I put myself in a position in which I piss off the person I live with, particularly when she gives me as good of a deal as she does?

I am merely giving her a hard time, although I do feel like saying that she usually plans the HH's is a bit much. For one, Matt is right, he has suggested quite a few ever since he started to come to these. In the beginning of the year, when I started back coming to these events, I remember she did not show up near as often as everytime, much less planned them.

Also most of those links she posted were for OUTINGS and DRIVES. NOT HAPPY HOURS. That is what the discussion is about. I'm sure we can go through the archives and find that Sondra does not plan the majority of them. I give her all the credit when it comes to these drives and outings she organizes. She does a lot. But she does not do it all.

Again, I am sorry that you feel you must defend her yourself as if she could not do it herself. You would probably hit me if you lived in this house, with all the joking around we do with her. And I apologize for making the board deteriorate into what you obviously feel like shit. But if you want to take something that in no way concerned you personally, then have at it. But mind you, I am just sitting her laughing at how damned uptight you are acting.

Now to be serious. I don't appreciate you trying to prove me wrong. I don't give a shit if you "Asked around". Just as I care not what you say, asking around does not make me care anymore, and just shows that you can't do the job yourself. If you want to prove me wrong, don't bring people's opinions, bring facts. Show me exactly how my foot is in my mouth. Don't just tell me. I find that you would try so hard to prove me wrong worse than just about anything else I have seen on here that brings the board down. It is a personal attack on me. Oh, imagine that! You bitching about me "personally attacking" Sondra, and at the same time, personally attack me. Why don't you take a look at yourself and see if maybe you haven't contributed to the degradation of the board yourself.

Again, show me why my foot is in my mouth. Even Sondra tried that, and it didn't work. So I'd like to see how much you can do.

Blake

Quick Reply: When are you having your next Happy Hour?