Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

WARNING: Do not EVER take your car to Classic Honda!

Old 10-01-2001, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING: Do not EVER take your car to Classic Honda!

Let me apologize in advance because I know this will sound like a rant (because it is). And for those of you who have good experiences with Classic, count yourself lucky because I (along with a large number of other people) WILL NEVER, NOT EVER TAKE MY CAR TO CLASSIC HONDA AGAIN!!!!!

Classic has had my car for 7 WEEKS now on what was supposed to be a 2 week repair job. The car will finally be coming out of the repair shop today and into the body shop for what is supposed to be "about a weeks worth" of work (frame of reference: initial repair shop work was supposed to take ONLY a week). They WILL NOT commit to getting me my car by this weekend, even though they have admitted on several occasions that they only have 4 days worth of body work, so I am expecting at least another 3 weeks minimum. After this length of time only flawless work will help calm my anger but I'm really not expecting that either.

Does anybody have any ideas as far as a what can be done in light of the TERRIBLE service I have received? Can my insurance company or the BBB do anything to make these guys take responsibility for being incompetent? I for one would FULLY support a boycott of Classic, which may not hurt them now because most work on our cars currently is warranty work, but once we start getting more and more cars out of warranty they will stand to lose a good amount of service work for our less that bulletproof cars (sorry guys but I have a feeling it will be true )

There, I feel better.....
Old 10-01-2001, 11:48 AM

That sux man. I hope get yor car back sooner than later.
Old 10-01-2001, 12:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure what to tell you man, but in my experience with Classic Honda sales, and with the understanding that the shop is a different business than the sales - I still will REFUSE to go there ever, especially after the hell it took to get my deposit back.

Have you gone by and looked at your car? Watch it collecting dust while they work on other cars? While you sit there and tell other customers in their service area just how long they've had it? I don't think they'd appreciate it at all.

Funny, I've heard stories about lemon baskets being placed just outside of the Classic dealership out of mere symbolism in what they sell.
Old 10-01-2001, 01:35 PM

Hell, I would try my hardest to get them to pay for two months of car peyments then. That amont of time seems ridiculous. You may need to call American Honda to work something out. I would have to be making car payments while it sits in a shop longer than necessary.

Kirk
Old 10-01-2001, 01:40 PM

Brian, sorry to hear about what's happening to you. My experiences there have been either glowing or somewhat bad, so I'm going to be checking some other dealerships out too.

Call the BBB and the American Honda customer service line. Either or both should get them moving a little more quickly!

Good luck...
Old 10-02-2001, 10:03 AM

Hey Brian,

I'm sorry to hear they STILL have your car. I like Kirk's idea of trying to get them to cover your payments. I'm not sure if they will go for it, but it is worth a shot. You should be able to get something. That's rediculous.
Old 10-02-2001, 01:37 PM

Thanks all for your support and suggestions!

I just got done talking with the Honda service manager as well as Classic service manager and they seem pretty convinced that it is the fault of the parts departments for taking so long (not that they had to order parts FOUR times). They said they will help me get some sort of reparations (sp) from AHM by providing records showing the length of time the part orders took. It sounds like passing the buck to me, but I really don't care whose pocketbook it comes out of.

Body shop guy is now saying that it will be about two weeks and that they won't be able to fix my door ding because it wasn't due to the wreck (damn me and my honesty!) What's up with that?! After all the crap they have given me, they still seem to have a laissez faire attitude about customer service. I guess it is engrained in the employees minds. He said he will report it too the insurance company and see if they are willing to pay for the work.

Inger-

2nd post, huh? can't keep yourself of the s2ki.com page either!
Old 10-02-2001, 01:49 PM

if that's classic's word, make sure its in writing or else, it was just a phone conversation and its their word against yours. so, just ask them for a simple letter explaining their position, or to have copies of the letters sent to AHM.
Old 10-02-2001, 02:27 PM

Thanks Schatten. I definately plan on doing just that.

Not 5 minutes after I wrote my last update, I get a call from some customer service person from Classic asking me about my level of satisfaction with the work I had just had done. I thought it was a friend of mine playing a joke on me but I eventually realized that she was serious! I guess when they moved the car from the service dept. to the body shop it shows up as the car being picked up so she was just following up. I tried not to take it out on her and just informed her of my conversations with the people there and my intentions of contacting AHM. Her reply was that I would be getting a survey in the mail and they would appreciate it if I rank there service as EXCELLENT and they wouldn't be satisified if I couldn't rank them as EXCELLENT, blah, blah, blah. Typical customer service rap.

Actually, if I fill out a customer survey card when I get my car back I will be entered in a contest to win $100 worth of parts and service. Do you think that would cover the cost of throwing a monkey wrench through their window
Old 10-02-2001, 02:42 PM

their survey is well... yes, you get a hundred bucks and they get like a thousand from AHM if you fill it out as 'excellent' - the same goes for when you buy the car.