Texas - Central Texas S2000 Owners Central Texas S2000 Owners

TWS Track Event opinion

Old 09-24-2001, 04:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was two days that rate very close to the top of my most fun list. If you've never taken one of these DE courses. I strongly suggest you do. Unless your naturally gifted, you can profit by the experience. I was lucky enough to have an instructor who drives professionally. Basically tossed everything I thought I knew about driving and by the second day I was going faster than I ever had before. I learned how to look far ahead to where I wanted the car to be and how to control the car at the edge of traction. My wife had a blast too. I rode twice with two instructors in their cars including my instructors Porsche 911 turbo. WOW what a ride. My wife rode with another instructor in his Corvette ZR1. SHe loved it too. 2 Days/200+ miles of track time. Most excellent. I'm sore as hell.
Oh and the site of 32 S2000 all lined up on the front stretch for a photo was pretty impressive too.
I'll post what I have as soon as I can!
Old 09-24-2001, 04:59 AM

Originally posted by wirejock
...I'm sore as hell.
I got in last night about 6:30 and I was a sleep by 6:31.
I woke up about a half hour ago; however, I just realized that it was Monday about 10minutes ago (I thought it was Sunday night) Damn I guess I have to stay up... I was looking forward to going back to sleep.
Old 09-24-2001, 09:51 AM

I have to agree - that was the best time that I have ever had in a car. I have a lot more respect for the S2000 - what an incredible piece of engineering. It was an unbeleivable sight with all of us lined up on the front straight. I can't wait to see the professional pic.
Old 09-24-2001, 11:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by txst
[B]It was an unbelievable sight with all of us lined up on the front straight.
Old 09-24-2001, 12:12 PM

How was the weather up there? Did you get any rain?

Kirk
Old 09-24-2001, 12:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I jetted off before my last run - ripped top - I couldn't risk it with the rain, or else the water just pours right into the cabin.

I did get pretty soaked on my way out of town.
Old 09-24-2001, 12:45 PM

We avoided the rain! We really lucked out... Before we started (on both days) it looked like rain, but it was clear for the day and after the last runs it looked like rain again. It did rain on Sunday after the last runs for a little bit, but we avoided it (at least during the actual event).
Old 09-24-2001, 03:33 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

So there I was, driving back to the hotel Saturday night to get cleaned up for dinner. Had a gread day, top down, enjoying my car... and it starts raining. Just a little, no big deal, at 70mph very little is coming in. But quickly it's really raining. Zero visibility, and even with day-old tires I feel a bit of hydroplaining. Dammit, time to bite the bullet, pull over and put the top up. In those few seconds, the interior gets totally soaked. I'm pissed. And to top it all off, less than a minute later the rain totally stopps. Suck.

Other than that, no rain issues.

Oh, and I was getting about 9mpg.
Old 09-24-2001, 07:36 PM

Originally posted by John David
I saw it when I went to buy my photograph, but at $30 a pop I didn't splurge on the group photo.

And now that I am finally awake I will go ahead and put my exhalations in too: I HAD A BLAST!
If any one want a poster size picture for their wall, let me know... We will not charge you $30 buck's either... Just the cost of the print + shipping.

go to

www.speeddemonpress.com and click on S2k racing link.

It was definately a lot of fun... Im definately considering the DE in October...

Dale
Old 09-24-2001, 09:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dale - I'd definately like one! sent you a PM!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: TWS Track Event opinion